GT Hawk Inflation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT Hawk Inflation

My old GT Hawk (SID) keeps changing hands. I sold it for 35K a few years back, than it went for 42K, than 47, now 59K asking. It seems the restoration is holding up well, not surprising since it's been in climate controlled collectors storage.

JDP Maryland

Still have not fixed the passenger door interior emblem
    Peter Bishop

Comment

Yeah but, look at it this way; if you could be above it looking though an open Sunroof you would see both Emblems having both matching BLUE segments forward!

All nice and matched, just like the Left and Right Flying "Birds" on the '62-'63 Larks "C" Pillar Emblem, with one backwards BOTH Fly Forward! Also the '55 Speedster Rear Quarter Checkered Emblems using a Left & a Right.

Didn't we decide that both the Interior and Exterior Chevrons are supposed to have one Red, White, Blue and one Blue, White, Red? Or was it just the Outside ones?
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I see a ton of work and money in that car.

Rich, I see the tape on the repro, outside dood chevrons is faded, but still present. If fell completely off, on both sides of the car I had installed them on, about 2-3 years and 15,000 miles ago. Guess they hold up a little better in a climate controlled environment. Nope, I will not be replacing the tape with more tape either. The wife and I will just leave it as is, and drive it till the wheels fall off.

Comment

SID appears to still be For Sale, you bought it Joe?
          StudeRich
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Rich,
            Was talking about the wife's 63GT. I could not even afford the wheels off of SID

Comment

Hey, I could afford a pair of New Door Chevrons, in fact I have some!
              StudeRich
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by PeterHawk View Post
                Still have not fixed the passenger door interior emblem
                To this day I'm not sure if I got it wrong. BTW, the TT warning on the door jam and a different battery are all I see different from the day it left my yard.
                JDP Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                  Hey, I could afford a pair of New Door Chevrons, in fact I have some!
                  Rich,
                  I would not install another set of the new-repro door chevrons if someone gave them to me. Not worth the effort, since the tape (should be paint) began to peel off within the first year.

I have pulled original ones off, faded but still in tact. But as mentioned, the originals were painted on, instead of pieces of colored tape stuck on.

Comment

Originally posted by JDP View Post
                    My old GT Hawk (SID) keeps changing hands. I sold it for 35K a few years back, than it went for 42K, than 47, now 59K asking. It seems the restoration is holding up well, not surprising since it's been in climate controlled collectors storage.

http://www.happycarz.com/showroom/19...-hawk-gt-1-12/
                    They've had it for sale for a year now. Although it's a beautiful example, seems over priced for a color changed car. And, wondering why what appears to be a bent driver's seat back hasn't been corrected?

Comment

I was very close to buying it when John had it for sale. What stopped me is that I drive my cars. That would have brought the condition and value/price of the car down. I know that cars are built to be driven. I feel that there are enough driver quality cars out there not to subject this restoration to that. I am not up to Jay Leno's position of buying or creating a 100 point car and then driving it down to 80 points and then re-restoring it.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by FAK View Post
                        They've had it for sale for a year now. Although it's a beautiful example, seems over priced for a color changed car. And, wondering why what appears to be a bent driver's seat back hasn't been corrected?

Color change yes, bent seat, no. I think the color change helped the value IMHO.
                        JDP Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by JDP View Post
                          My old GT Hawk (SID) keeps changing hands. I sold it for 35K a few years back, than it went for 42K, than 47, now 59K asking.
                          In terms of Australian valuations, I recently wrote to a popular local magazine that has classic valuations every month. The Studebaker Hawk had been undervalued in their mag for years, with a Condition One Hawk priced at $23,500. I pointed out to them that the 5 or 6 Hawks currently for sale here were averaging out at $33,300. They listened and responded - Subsequently they have adjusted values up to reflect the market - Cond.1 at $35k, Cond.2 at $25k and C3 at $15,000.

Comment

Originally posted by Quentin View Post
                            In terms of Australian valuations, I recently wrote to a popular local magazine that has classic valuations every month. The Studebaker Hawk had been undervalued in their mag for years, with a Condition One Hawk priced at $23,500. I pointed out to them that the 5 or 6 Hawks currently for sale here were averaging out at $33,300. They listened and responded - Subsequently they have adjusted values up to reflect the market - Cond.1 at $35k, Cond.2 at $25k and C3 at $15,000.
                            I never was able to get NADA to bump the premium for the R2 option to real life values.
                            JDP Maryland

Comment

Some old pic's from Lancaster...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lancaster SDC Intl Meet 09 2008 238.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	1697413Click image for larger version

Name:	Lancaster SDC Intl Meet 09 2008 235.jpg
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	1697414 Click image for larger version

Name:	Lancaster SDC Intl Meet 09 2008 236.jpg
Size:	163.5 KB
ID:	1697415 Click image for larger version

Name:	Lancaster SDC Intl Meet 09 2008 237.jpg
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	1697416 Click image for larger version

Name:	Lancaster SDC Intl Meet 09 2008 240.jpg
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	1697417
                              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
                              X