Lark production numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lark production numbers

I'm trying to find out how many 1960 Lark Regal coupes were produced in 1960 equipped with the 259 V8 and the Borg Warner automatic. I'm not sure how to find out this information. Does anyone know? I can get the total production figures for the Lark line but nothing specific on individual models. Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...T.J.

Technically, there were no "Coupes", there were Deluxe 2 Door Sedans and Regal 2 Door Hardtops however.
    There are no individual numbers of Models produced, especially not with those parameters that I know of.

The 1960 2 Door Sedans with the V8 Engine were only produced later in the model run, not all year, so are somewhat rare.
    1959 Lark VIII 2 door Sedans were never offered.

If you need to know how many were built with V8 and Flight-O-Matic definitely you would need to Pay the hourly rate at the Studebaker National Museum to sort though the Thousands of 1960 Production Orders to find and count your Body Type F4 or J6, whichever it is, with the equipment noted.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 06-10-2015, 03:56 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I'm in the middle of moving, but if someone were to tell me which Turning Wheels issue covered the '60 Larks- and if I have it- I could take a look for the numbers produced if need be. I have not packed my TW binders as yet.

StudeDave '57
      StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
      SDC Member since 1985

past President
      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC
      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by T.J. lavallee View Post
        I'm trying to find out how many 1960 Lark Regal coupes were produced in 1960 equipped with the 259 V8 and the Borg Warner automatic. I'm not sure how to find out this information. Does anyone know? I can get the total production figures for the Lark line but nothing specific on individual models. Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...T.J.
        According to the 59-60 Lark Monogram (available from the Studebaker National Museum) the total production for 60 LARK Regal VIII 2dr Hardtops was 4,565. The Plant breakdown is South Bend 4,236 Canada 160 and Export 169.
        Don't know the transmission type breakdown though.
        Jim
        I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Originally posted by LarkTruck View Post
          According to the 59-60 Lark Monogram (available from the Studebaker National Museum) the total production for 60 LARK Regal VIII 2dr Hardtops was 4,565. The Plant breakdown is South Bend 4,236 Canada 160 and Export 169.
          Don't know the transmission type breakdown though.
          Jim
          Jim, thank . you for this information...T.J.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            1959 Lark VIII 2 door Sedans were never offered.
            A V8 was optional on Deluxe models by mid-year. There were 550 1959 Lark VIII two door sedans produced.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
              A V8 was optional on Deluxe models by mid-year. There were 550 1959 Lark VIII two door sedans produced.

Craig
              Wow! That really is a rare bird! This is getting interesting. Now if I can just find out how many hardtops with the V8 and Borg Warner transmission were produced in 1960 without going to South Bend (A trip I certainly can't afford) I can put together an informative presentation when I show the car in the fall around the Tucson area. Thank you for your invaluable information, Craig and all of you who have contributed. I believe without the Lark, Studebaker might never have been able to produce the Daytona, the Grand Turismo, Hawks and the Avanti turbo that are so highly prized by Studebaker collectors and rightfully so. The Lark really did save the day long enough for their production. I consider the Lark truly historic and grossly under rated. Thanks again.....T.J.

Comment

Originally posted by T.J. lavallee View Post
                Wow! That really is a rare bird! This is getting interesting. Now if I can just find out how many hardtops with the V8 and Borg Warner transmission were produced in 1960 without going to South Bend (A trip I certainly can't afford) I can put together an informative presentation when I show the car in the fall around the Tucson area. Thank you for your invaluable information, Craig and all of you who have contributed. I believe without the Lark, Studebaker might never have been able to produce the Daytona, the Grand Turismo, Hawks and the Avanti turbo that are so highly prized by Studebaker collectors and rightfully so. The Lark really did save the day long enough for their production. I consider the Lark truly historic and grossly under rated. Thanks again.....T.J.
                It is nice that you are trying to learn more about your car in order to better represent it.
                I think that knowing that 4565 cars were built similar to yours (1960 Lark Regal hardtop with V8) should be enough.
                Please check on a couple of your other points: Gran Turismo (note spelling) and also Avantis (as well as Larks, Cruisers and Hawks) had an optional supercharged (belt driven) engine, not a "turbo" (that usually refers to an exhaust driven turbocharger).
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Something else to consider at a show since yours is a hardtop: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ardtop+lowered

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                    It is nice that you are trying to learn more about your car in order to better represent it.
                    I think that knowing that 4565 cars were built similar to yours (1960 Lark Regal hardtop with V8) should be enough.
                    Please check on a couple of your other points: Gran Turismo (note spelling) and also Avantis (as well as Larks, Cruisers and Hawks) had an optional supercharged (belt driven) engine, not a "turbo" (that usually refers to an exhaust driven turbocharger).
                    Thanks for the spelling critique (also known as a typo) and I did mean supercharged. (senior moment) Thank you so much for the production figure. Greatly appreciated....T.J.

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                      Something else to consider at a show since yours is a hardtop: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ardtop+lowered

Craig
                      Right on! Do like the look of "hardtop +lowered." Thanks, again, Craig, for the information.....T.J.

Comment

Working...
                      X