Carter 4 barrel equivalents?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carter 4 barrel equivalents?

My '55 arrived without a carburetor. Is there any readily available equivalent to the Carter WCFB that came with a '55 President/Speedster 259? Or does anyone here have an original WCFB that's rebuildable?

I got a REALLY big wrench on the crank pulley two nights ago and it turns really easy, so it looks the engine is rescue-able.

Paul

In memory of Boris, the 1950 Land Cruiser project,
    . . . he became a down payment for. . .
    Natasha, the 1955 Speedster project

I finally have a Stude I can drive! (sort of)
    1962 GT Hawk, 4 speed, a/c

Dave Thibault sells rebuilt ones, exchange. I think you could pay the core charge and buy one outright.

But it would cost MORE than a brand NEW Edelbrock Performer, 500 CFM Carter AFB clone.

An adapter or re-machined manifold would be required, but would run better and LONGER! Your car, your choice! [^]

See the studebakervendorsDOTcom vendor list from the link on the SDC mainpage. (1) Scan down to: "Valuable Links", (2) Scan down to: "Other Studebaker Quick Links", then click: studebakervendorsDOTcom

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

As always, your money, your car. Depends on what you want to do with it. On a stock driver or a restored car, a T-bow rebuilt WCFB looks right, runs right and will outlast the car. A new, shiny Edelbrock on an otherwise original car looks "boy-racer" to some old Studebaker eyes. However, if you want to go modified class, it is in sync with the aluminum rocker covers, polished aluminum intake and so on. On the bottom line, if you do it all yourself, the cost of a modified iron intake from Jeff, a new Edelbrock, new air cleaner and the gaskets will be the same, probably more than a rebuilt WCFB and it just bolts on.

thnx, jv

PackardV8
      PackardV8

Comment

Working...
      X