How to install K body door weather stripping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: How to install K body door weather stripping

As usual I didn't take enough pictures before starting restoration. So I need some help with pictures if possible. Does anyone have some good close up pictures how the weather stripping is installed around the front of the door. The sill and rear part of the door area is no problem. But the three pieces on the front of the door have me stumped. I do have a fair to poor picture of the short curved piece that is attached to the door. I don't supposed it has changed much but I have 58 Golden Hawk.

Don.
    sigpic
    58 Golden Hawk
    DSamborski
    Pillager, MN

Most all Studebaker Weatherstrips at least those that are "U" shaped, go with the U to the outside to drain the water. There are Pics in the S.I. Catalog Rubber Section showing which way to face each type.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks Rich: But those drawings that S.I. have, don't help much at all. I realize the U faces out, Its how the molded parts at the end fits on the door.

Don
      Last edited by don samborski; 06-08-2015, 04:48 PM.
      sigpic
      58 Golden Hawk
      DSamborski
      Pillager, MN

Comment

With the 1347012 and 1347013 windshield post seals (number 2 on the Studebaker Online www.studebakerparts.com
        diagram, which may be some help to you), I had to trim them a bit as they were slightly too long. I cut the bottom end at 45 degrees, so that it married in well with the little rubber squirly bit (part number unknown- maybe quote squirly001) on the door itself. They now butt up against each other upon closure of the door, providing a seal of sorts.
        Also, while the post seals fit into the runners of the stainless piece, the new seal is somewhat narrowere than the original, requiring a small amount of adhesive to keep it from wobbling in the runner.
        Hope this hasn't muddied the waters. Quentin.

Comment

Thanks I will look at diagram. Don
          sigpic
          58 Golden Hawk
          DSamborski
          Pillager, MN

Comment

Working...
          X