Wow, that was rather random...Studebaker ash tray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, that was rather random...Studebaker ash tray

So this morning during my regular early-morning Stude drive a late model Mopar mini van is driving\ pacing beside me in the right hand lane of a road for about 2 miles. When I sped up, it would speed up, when I slowed down it would slow down...kinda weird. I'm used to other vehicles speeding up to get a look at the car's front end, and slowing down to get a look at the back end in what I figure is other drivers trying to ID the car. (you figure the vanity plate would help them out) So finally a traffic light stops both of us...so I take a look over to the guy in the black van and he's holding up a Studebaker ashtray for me to see...not a car ashtray, but a Studebaker desk-top ashtray, as in looking like grained leather (or vinyl) with Studebaker of Canada embossed in black on the side of it. I start laughing, lean over to the passenger side, roll down the window and start talking to the guy. Says it was his grandfather's ashtray, and his grandfather used to own a black and white Hawk with a 289 and 4spd. Made quite an impression on him when he was a youngster...I'm guessing he was 45ish. I asked the guy if he owned a Stude and he said nope, just the ashtray. He complemented me on my car, said the sound of it going through the gears sent shivers through him. Light turned green, wished each other a nice day, he turned right, I went straight and that's about it. Who rambles around city with a office desk Stude ashtray in their mini van?? Strange, but funny. Hope you have a great day. cheers, junior
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Cool story, bro.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Now that's one that will never happen again

Comment

Working...
      X