PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Feedback needed: exhaust supplier

3rdGenStude
06-05-2015, 11:20 AM
Has anyone bought an exhaust system on eBay from sat1966? (based in Ohio) I've been holding out for a Silvertone set but at less than half the cost this eBay system is tempting. Yes, I know it's not stainless. Any feedback on the fit/quality from this company? Price goes back up another $105 in a day.

Thanks

Paul

Dick Steinkamp
06-05-2015, 11:34 AM
Parks Pipes
544 Banta Road
West Manchester, OH 45382
(937) 678-7565 - Phone & Fax
parkspipes@gmail.com

I've used their complete systems on 2 Larks. Quality stuff.

3rdGenStude
06-05-2015, 02:32 PM
Dick,

Thanks for the info. I had forgotten about Park's. Or are you saying that Park's and the eBay source are one and the same place? About how much did the systems from Park's cost for your Larks?

What I'm looking at right now is from http://www.ebay.com/itm/1962-1964-STUDEBAKER-HAWK-DUAL-EXHAUST-SYSTEM-ALUMINIZED-/141684026942?fits=Make%3AStudebaker&hash=item20fd06ae3e&vxp=mtr. What caught my attention was the $315 dollar price tag for the next 20 hours.

Thanks again.

Paul

warrlaw1
06-05-2015, 02:38 PM
Silvertone is about the best value for the money. Your car, your choice, but Don Simmons' pipes fit right, sound right and last forever. He goes out of the way to make sure you're satisfied.

Dick Steinkamp
06-05-2015, 02:56 PM
Paul,
I don't remember what I paid, but a quick call to Parks will give you that info.

I don't know if they are the same company or not. Again, the call will solve that one.

I agree that Simmons' pipes are first class and will last for ever. I don't do high cost stainless on any of my collector cars, however. The longest one I've kept was 10 years and 30,000 miles and the aluminized steel one was still like new. Every one spends their money a little different on their collector cars for their own reasons, so....your money, your choice.

R59hawk
06-05-2015, 07:58 PM
Highly recommend Parks Pipes, fit perfect was able to install on the floor my self. Been on the car 2 Years no rust, took 10 days from placing the call till the mail man dropped it off. I didn't have to pre pay even.

allstateguy
06-05-2015, 08:36 PM
one more bit of praise for Parks pipes. Real people with Real customer service, and a perfect fitting exhaust from manifold to the rear bumper. I've never had an easier installation; with zero issues. Never going to rust in AZ either even with mild steel.

57pack
06-05-2015, 08:49 PM
Recommend Parks Pipes, I purchased two complete dual exhaust systems for my 57 Packard and my 65 Wagonaire. Completely satisfied with both.
They helped with that pesty driver side head pipe on the 65. Studebaker didn't offer a dual system for a 65 Wagonaire so they supplied me with a Avanti down pipe and went with a 64 system from there on back. Worked like a charm.

3rdGenStude
06-06-2015, 10:31 AM
Paul,
I don't remember what I paid, but a quick call to Parks will give you that info.

Park's price is the same as the non-sale price of the eBay place, but their shipping will probably be a little less. With all the comments here about service and good fit, it sounds like Park's will be the way to go.

Thanks, all, for the feedback.

Paul

sweetolbob
06-06-2015, 11:07 AM
With 600+ positives and 3 negatives over the last 6 months he must be doing something right. Looking at the ratings he sure does a lot of different exhausts for a plethora of cars.

karterfred88
06-06-2015, 12:13 PM
:(This is not "Parks Pipes", according to my e-mail response from them regarding Avanti exhausts, they are ; Classic Exhaust in Geneva, Ohio. But their feedback does seem good. No, they don't carry or make pipes for my Avanti, just Hawk and C,K styles for Studebaker, no Larks either, so they are a different supplier than the one being discussed.