• Oldest Truck in the World

Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
    Kenmore, Washington
    hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
    '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
    '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
    '69 Pontiac Firebird
    (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Cool piece of machinery! The explanation about why they were slow to take off makes a lot of sense - cultural context has a big role to play in new technology adoption curves.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

When I visited England in 2003, and again in 2004, I drove over much of the country, in the cities and towns and on the motorways, and never saw a single pickup truck, not one. I thought this was particularly strange, as there were plenty of Japanese vehicles, easily imported to England and of course they have right hand drive. I would have thought someone who has spent time in America would see the usefulness of a two or four door pickup, particularly the tradesmen. Apparently if the average guy needs to haul something, he rents a small van for the day.
      Trying to build a 48 Studebaker for the 21st century.
      See more of my projects at stilettoman.info

Comment

That is clearly a pickup!

I saw a lot of rather nice looking small pickups with four doors both in Dubai, Panama and in Peru when I visited there in the last five years. Every time I saw one I had to ask why we don't get them here. Some of the coolest looking were from Mitsubishi.
        Last edited by t walgamuth; 06-06-2015, 01:41 AM.
        Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Working...
        X