Our Place - shop tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Place - shop tour

Hey Friends-- I think it would be fun to take a tour of your shop! Here's a few pictures of ours to get the ball rolling. Post some pictures of your Studebaker-Specific art, memorabilia, or decorations that show your Stude-Spirit! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0773.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	1746998Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0774.jpg
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	1746999Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0775.jpg
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	1747000Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0776.jpg
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	1747001Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0777.jpg
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	1747002Hiding inside our shop pictured here is "Hazel", our '57 Silver Hawk, up on our lift, and undergoing restoration. And just outside the picture is our Son's '64 Slide-roof Wagon, slumbering peacefully next to the shop. The '62 Lark front end has been kicking around here for a couple of years, and just today I decided to turn it into a flower-pot for my Sweetie. She likes it. See? This is a way you can get your wife to like auto parts lying around your property. Well, at least it works for me...
    1950 Commander Land Cruiser
    1951 Champion Business Coupe
    1951 Commander Starlight
    1952 Champion 2Dr. Sedan
    1953 Champion Starlight
    1953 Commander Starliner
    1953 2R5
    1956 Golden Hawk Jet Streak
    1957 Silver Hawk
    1957 3E5 Pick-Up
    1959 Silver Hawk
    1961 Hawk
    1962 Cruiser 4 speed
    1963 Daytona Convertible
    1964 Daytona R2 4 speed
    1965 Cruiser
    1970 Avanti

Originally posted by drrotor View Post
    I think it would be fun to take a tour of your shop!
    More here:

Craig

Comment

I like it! the Lark nose with planter is really cool, I may have to copy that one :-)

Originally posted by drrotor View Post
      Hey Friends-- I think it would be fun to take a tour of your shop! Here's a few pictures of ours to get the ball rolling. Post some pictures of your Studebaker-Specific art, memorabilia, or decorations that show your Stude-Spirit! [ATTACH=CONFIG]44333[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]44334[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]44335[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]44336[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]44337[/ATTACH]Hiding inside our shop pictured here is "Hazel", our '57 Silver Hawk, up on our lift, and undergoing restoration. And just outside the picture is our Son's '64 Slide-roof Wagon, slumbering peacefully next to the shop. The '62 Lark front end has been kicking around here for a couple of years, and just today I decided to turn it into a flower-pot for my Sweetie. She likes it. See? This is a way you can get your wife to like auto parts lying around your property. Well, at least it works for me...

Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
      53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
      57 SH (project)
      60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Comment

This is the local Stude shop owned by a good friend. He does work on most of the cars in this area so there's a different assortment of Studes almost every week.

Comment

Here's a few from mine:

Comment

Tex,
            Is that green thing the Michelin man on amphetamines?
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
              Tex,
              LOL, The story behind the "Mummy" goes like this: There has been a ongoing tale about a strange character in the woods in this area for years. It has been carried on by my family. It goes back as far as my Great Grand daddy, and maybe farther. The animal-like man has been called the long toothed man as the story was told, and in the last couple of generations we just referred to him as L.T.
              Move up to five years ago: I was riding the streets in the city where I work and someone had put this mummy looking thing out to be picked up in the trash route. I brought it home right before Halloween about five years ago. Back then I had a haunted trail for the Grand kids. We tied wire around under LT's arms and threw the wire over a limb. Covered him with pine straw and waited till the kids were near. Pulling the wire caused LT to stand up just as they were approaching at night in the woods. It scared all them so bad that my wife made me stop that year. So the next year I moved it to another location. Scared them worse. I was told we would have to put LT in the shop and tell them the truth and let the kids get used to it. He fell once in the shop , hence the broken arm. The younger Grandkids are still a little weary of him. That's the story of the "LONG TOOTH MAN"
              Last edited by Flashback; 05-31-2015, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Mbstude, Now that is a great looking Stude shop!
                sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

N-i-c-e photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashback View Post
                    LOL, The story behind the "Mummy" goes like this: There has been a ongoing tale about a strange character in the woods in this area for years. It has been carried on by my family. It goes back as far as my Great Grand daddy, and maybe farther. The animal-like man has been called the long toothed man as the story was told, and in the last couple of generations we just referred to him as L.T.
                    Move up to five years ago: I was riding the streets in the city where I work and someone had put this mummy looking thing out to be picked up in the trash route. I brought it home right before Halloween about five years ago. Back then I had a haunted trail for the Grand kids. We tied wire around under LT's arms and threw the wire over a limb. Covered him with pine straw and waited till the kids were near. Pulling the wire caused LT to stand up just as they were approaching at night in the woods. It scared all them so bad that my wife made me stop that year. So the next year I moved it to another location. Scared them worse. I was told we would have to put LT in the shop and tell them the truth and let the kids get used to it. He fell once in the shop , hence the broken arm. The younger Grandkids are still a little weary of him. That's the story of the "LONG TOOTH MAN"
                    He looks creepy and scary to me too!
                    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                      Tex,
                      Nope! Filled with nitrogen!

Craig

Comment

Heres just a day in the Maxey garage.
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X