'37 Dictator instrument panel in '48 Diamond T Pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '37 Dictator instrument panel in '48 Diamond T Pickup

Did anyone else notice the article in the latest Hemmings Motor News (July 2015 issue, page 82) that featured a '48 Diamond T pickup? The instrument panel pictured is from a '37 Dictator. The article states that Diamond T made 7,000 of this series truck between 1938 and 1949. Can this instrument panel be original to this truck or did someone retro-fit it? I guess the real question would be, if it is original, how many spares did Studebaker make in '37 and how did Diamond T know or guess how many to buy so that they could still be manufacturing trucks with this instrument panel 11 years later?

I questioned the editorial staff at Hemmings about the accuracy of the photo (credited to Mecum Auctions), but I really don't expect to hear back from them. Tom

A friend of mine has one but I am 500 miles from it. All the pictures I had of it were lost when Webshots shut down.

Comment

Here are some '48 dash pic's from Google...

1948 T201

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Thanks Jeff. Those pictures are great. A mis-identified photo from Hemmings or Mecum Auctions makes a lot more sense than a truck manufacturer using an 11-year-old-at-the-time instrument panel from another manufacturer Tom

Comment

Working...
        X