Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Good Word about Studebaker International....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Good Word about Studebaker International....

In a pinch for time, last Friday around 4PM, I ordered a set of wheel cylinders and called about the shipping costs. After hearing what even 2nd day air would cost, bit my tail and decided on Ground shipping. The hammer when down and I didn't know how they were coming or a hint of when...

This AM (0800), sent an Email to SI regarding how the shipping would be handled.... By 3Pm still no answer... At 4Pm, the mailman dropped them off.....

Ye Gad, that's what I call service...

Great place to shop!....
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

My experiences mirror yours; we are lucky to have an organizaton like this in our corner.
    Murray
    Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

http://sites.google.com/site/intrigu...tivehistories/

(/url) https://goo.gl/photos/ABBDQLgZk9DyJGgr5

Comment

I can't say enough good things about the folks at Studebaker International. Everyone I've talked to, Ed, Jim, Chris, and all of the great girls there manning the phones.
      sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
      Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
      "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Kudos go to Studebaker International. And if anyone feels their prices are a tad high, check out what Nostalgic Motors asks for their remaining NOS Avanti items!!!

Comment

Always a pleasant experience when ordering parts from them. They are a true asset to our little corner of the hobby. I always look forward to spending quite a bit of time (and some cash) at their booth at the swap meets.

Comment

My 76 Avanti II has been getting a repaint this winter and spring. A parts list soon was developed for windshield and rear window seals, door weatherstripping, nameplates,rubber bumper mounting spacers and other items. I ordered the parts from SI online and the items shipped to the shop in Warrenville, IL and the shop owner and employees were totally amazed that I could still get the parts and how fast they came to them.
            sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
              Kudos go to Studebaker International. And if anyone feels their prices are a tad high, check out what Nostalgic Motors asks for their remaining NOS Avanti items!!!
              I'm just glad that the "SASCO" inventory is finally available to the public, regardless of the prices Ed charges. It's cheaper than not being available at all!

Comment

Last fall I had my '64 Commander in a local transmission shop amongst other things it needed rear mounts (pn 1547202-3). The technician told me he could "cobble" something up for me. I told him "just hold on, I will have the parts in a few days". He was amazed that I could source and deliver the parts that fast. Even though Ed had made a "price adjustment" from the previous catalogue (too bad for me) the shop was astonished when I gave them the part and even more astonished when I told them what I paid. They could not have cobbled something for that kind of money.
                We are indeed lucky we have parts available and priced reasonably and not just Ed, there are other vendors who also do a great service, but I will stay on topic. Thank you SI and your staff.
                Last edited by 2moredoors; 05-27-2015, 01:46 PM.
                sigpic
                55 President Deluxe
                64 Commander
                66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Same here, I had ordered parts in the past and they showed up faster than I would have expected "good business"
                  Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

SI is very good at what they do. I am glad that the inventory which was SASCO is now organized and available. There are many excellent vendors and we are fortunate.
                    "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Bryant View Post
                      SI is very good at what they do. I am glad that the inventory which was SASCO is now organized and available. There are many excellent vendors and we are fortunate.
                      I couldn't agree more. I've always had great service from Ed Reynolds and his terrific staff. We in the Studebaker hobby are truly fortunate to have Stude International and all the other vendors there when we need them. And the prices are still reasonable.
                      Check out the vendors for Chevy and Ford parts. They are not cheap.
                      Rog
                      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                      Smithtown,NY
                      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Originally posted by 57pack View Post
                        I can't say enough good things about the folks at Studebaker International. Everyone I've talked to, Ed, Jim, Chris, and all of the great girls there manning the phones.
                        Thanks for the tip of the hat, but I'm no longer there. I left in January and am now just a firefighter. Worked there five years and amonth.
                        Chris Dresbach

Comment

I was at Studebaker International in Greenfield Wednesday and pick up parts for my 63. Nice people.

Comment

Working...
                          X