1966 Cruiser on Minneapolis C/L nice and Low miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1966 Cruiser on Minneapolis C/L nice and Low miles

This looks like a nice car for the money. Too bad it isn't overdrive.

Wow, that Deep Red bordering on Maroon, was rarely ever seen on '66's AND the BIG Plus other than the V8, it appears to have been special ordered with Daytona Bucket Seats, repairing those all Vinyl Seats is all it seems to need!
    A VERY sharp Car, swapping in a Overdrive is easy to do since it's all set up for Manual already.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Looks like the front fenders have been redone recent as they are darker than the car but still a good buy for someone wanting a 4 dr.

Comment

yes on the fenders.....who doubts the 27K miles ? I've never seen "both" 66' seats worn out like that. Driver's only, but both.....unusual...

Comment

Originally posted by jackb View Post
          yes on the fenders.....who doubts the 27K miles ? I've never seen "both" 66' seats worn out like that. Driver's only, but both.....unusual...
          Wondered that as well - isn't weather related because the dash looks so good. Wonder if a previous owner had a half dozen kids who used to play in the car - wearing the seats out.

Comment

I can believe the seat condition being a Minn. car , very cold winters and that material would be prone to cracking in those nasty winter temps.
            Mount Royal red and by the serial number I'd say the car was built most likely between Christmas and New Years . 65. I'd like those back seat seatbelts !
            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Hub caps look to be '64-65'.
              sigpic
              55 President Deluxe
              64 Commander
              66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Before I noticed the slight color difference of the front fenders, I noticed the lack of "Cruiser" nameplates there. I'd get those on since they're so cheap to buy.

Interesting car.
                Bill Pressler
                Kent, OH
                (formerly Greenville, PA)
                Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                All are in Australia now

Comment

I was just in Olivia this past Sunday. Unfortunately not to look at this car After visiting area cemeteries/family graves, my Mom, sister & BIL and I went to lunch in Olivia but Mom had a mishap coming out of the restaurant and broke her ankle. Currently in the local hospital there awaiting surgery. Was supposed to be today but now maybe tomorrow. I had to get back home for work. But, I will be down in the area on vacation quite a bit between now and mid August though. No room or time for this nice cruiser though.

Jeff in ND

Comment

Olivia is such a nice little town. One of the most peaceful places I've ever been. I looked at buying an old house there once.

Nice car, by the way.
                    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Just wondering if this car hasn't been in a front-end smash-em up- newer paint, no emblems? Just wondering!

Frank Drumheller
                      Locust Grove, VA
                      60S-W6
                      M16-52 '48 Boyer-bodied fire truck

Comment

Wouldn't it be more likely a Pair of NOS Front fenders due to the rust belt location?
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by 2moredoors View Post
                          Hub caps look to be '64-65'.
                          Many years ago, while I was visiting the Museam Archives, I looked at some of the factory deviation permits,
                          . One of them was to substitute the '64-'65 wheelcovers for the '66 style on a number of cars.
                          concerning THIs car- it reminds me of a '66 Cruiser Wayne Smida had in the Chicagoland area. If I recall correctly, it was the same color, black, bucket seat interior with three on the tree. I recall Wayne took it with him when he moved to MN, though I doubt it is the same car, as his was getting a little rough around the edges.
                          Eric DeRosa

\'63 R2 Lark
                          \'60 Lark Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by 2R2 View Post
                            Many years ago, while I was visiting the Museam Archives, I looked at some of the factory deviation permits,
                            . One of them was to substitute the '64-'65 wheelcovers for the '66 style on a number of cars.
                            I posted a '66 Daytona with that deviation here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...t=niagara+mist

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                              I posted a '66 Daytona with that deviation here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...t=niagara+mist

Craig
                              Craig , that car you mentioned still resides in Port Huron , MI
                              sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Working...
                              X