Old Dealer Old Parts You Want Them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Dealer Old Parts You Want Them?

A fellow who used to be a Stude. dealer called me and said he had parts he had found for Studebakers. Here are pictures. Looks like the rear seat for a 56, a bench seat for a pickup, a half a hood for somewhere around 48??? an old intake and carb. and some rear doors. If anyone out there needs something let me know.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jg61hawk; 05-26-2015, 09:48 AM.

Do you know what dealer? Just curious if it was a NJ dealership.

Comment

Werners Belford, N.J. Sold Studebaker then sold Dodge. Closing now this month. He had a really nice 61 Hawk trunk but wanted to keep that because it had STUDEBAKER on the rear and his old car dealership logo on the trunk. He said he has more stuff up in a loft and when he gets it he'll call me. It looks like they kept sheet metal that was slightly hit but replaced with new. If no one wants this stuff I'll take it to York and give it away to a vendor for his stock.

Comment

Those doors sure look nice. Wish you were closer. I could use the mud guards if they are as good as they appear.

Comment

Hello jg61hawk. I need a manifold for a 1941 Commander C.I. 226. That seems to be a manifold for the champion engine line. What do you think it is for? (or others think?) Thanks. (I'm up in Union, NJ)

Comment

Right, John; that is not a Commander Six manifold. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

John,
              I'm just off 114 or 117 of the Parkway. I'll be happy to meet you half way let's say the Cheesequake Rest Area at 124 on the Parkway if you want to see it in person...but then again Bob knows his stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by johnwbechtel View Post
                Hello jg61hawk. I need a manifold for a 1941 Commander C.I. 226. That seems to be a manifold for the champion engine line. What do you think it is for? (or others think?) Thanks. (I'm up in Union, NJ)
                This is a 1950 Commander 245 manifold, but I think it might be the same as what you need. Notice the exhaust manifold and how it resembles ram's horns by the curved shape.
                BTW, here's a link to the car for sale. Looks like a lot of good mechanical parts to be had.

I just looked in my 1952 Motor's parts manual and it says 1938-42 Commander for the intake, and 1938-41 Commander for the exhaust manifold, so you are quite limited in your search.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1950 Commander Engine.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	1697087
                Last edited by TWChamp; 05-27-2015, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Hi John I have a manifold off a 41 Commander and am located in Toms River , pm me , Ed

Comment

Working...
                  X