1960 Lark Front and rear brake drums and studs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: 1960 Lark Front and rear brake drums and studs

looking to replace front and rear brakes drum,does anyone have information on new drums or any other make of vehicle that could be retrofit . My car has 11 inch. drums in front and 10 inch in back does anyone know if this is correct, online it gives me the same part number 176 for front and rear brake shoes

I believe 177 is front (11") and 176 is rear (10") for a V8 car - 176 is for the front of 6 cyl. cars "I think I got that correct" some one here will likely have what You need,or check with the many Vendors in the club.
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

The 11" V8 front shoes are NLA. And cores for relining are getting scarce. Whatever you do, don't lose them.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

drums are Stude-only. Sounds like a V8 or upgraded 6. Check out the Stude vendors or your local chapter...

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
          The 11" V8 front shoes are NLA. And cores for relining are getting scarce. Whatever you do, don't lose them.
          Actually, Studebaker International currently offers brand new 11" X 2-1/4" front shoes, (industry #177). I have been buying them for my stock to sell to customers - but I still will be saving the cores.
          Last edited by Studebakercenteroforegon; 05-26-2015, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Rock auto has the 10" rear shoes but not the fronts. I would check with Bob Peterson on the drums or go to a disc brake conversion.

Comment

Working...
            X