York Truck Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• York Truck Show

Are there any SDC truck owners going to be at the York Fairgrounds this weekend . I'd think Jerry Will probably be there since he's so close .
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Yes, I'll be there as right now I am getting ready to load up and head to the fair grounds. There will be at least 3 other studebakers that will be there. I was told last year there were 1,100 trucks on the show field. Jerry Kurtz

Comment

I hope to be there Saturday, but my CHAMP will not.
      Jim
      I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Originally posted by jerezstude View Post
        Yes, I'll be there as right now I am getting ready to load up and head to the fair grounds. There will be at least 3 other studebakers that will be there. I was told last year there were 1,100 trucks on the show field. Jerry Kurtz
        We'll be sure to look you up , we are planning on coming down for it .
        sigpic

Comment

Took the K15M into the fair grounds this am, large number of trucks already there. Truck is parked inside the UTZ building just about dead center, stop by to say hello. Already some very unusual trucks there including a WW1 military truck. Jerry Kurtz

Comment

Hope to see you Saturday Jerry!
            Jim

Comment

Leaving for York in about 15 min. , hope to se a few STFers there . Probably won't recognize the place without snow !
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
                Leaving for York in about 15 min. , hope to se a few STFers there . Probably won't recognize the place without snow !
                Safe trip Bob, see you there!
                Jim

Comment

Yes, it should be a good show. I've been to previous ATHS shows, in 2010 in Pleasanton, 2011 in South Bend, and 2013 in Yakima. The meets were very well run, and all have had plenty of vintage trucks; some virtually unknown as they were only sold in certain regions at one time.

More info here: http://www.cvent.com/events/aths-nat...c1ee58da2.aspx

Craig

Comment

We are in town , drove by the show , man it looks huge , was to late to go in so we'll hit it at 8 in the morning ??
                    sigpic

Comment

By the conclusion sat afternoon there were 1212 trucks registered, as I understand a record for a ATHS show. Great Weather! Talked to several Studebaker folks and there were about a dozen Studebaker trucks on the show field. Received many positive comments about the K15m but the best one was why would someone put Studebaker badges on a Ford truck. When he left I'm still not sure he was convinced it wasn't a Ford. Jerry Kurtz

Comment

Received many positive comments about the K15m..... Jerry Kurtz
                        That isn't really hard to believe.

BTW.. Just sent you an email.

Comment

By the conclusion sat afternoon there were 1212 trucks registered, as I understand a record for a ATHS show. Great Weather! Talked to several Studebaker folks and there were about a dozen Studebaker trucks on the show field. Received many positive comments about the K15m but the best one was why would someone put Studebaker badges on a Ford truck. When he left I'm still not sure he was convinced it wasn't a Ford. Jerry Kurtz
                          That's a good one Jerry! Yes, it was a great show. After my Buddy had to back out of going due to a funeral, I was debating whether or not to go, but very glad I went. Great seeing you, Bob Barrick and others.
                          I counted at least 11 Studebakers including TWO 3/4 ton CHAMP P/U's.
                          My Dad was a life long MACK Truck Mechanic, so seeing all those B and R Model MACKS stirred a lot of good memories. I bought a MACK Bulldog Pin from the MACK Vendor when I first got there and put it on my hat, so Dad was with me all day.
                          Oh yeah, after I walked up to the Grube Boys from Lititz Pa and jokingly said (standing there in my Truck Farmer T-shirt) " I didn't know STUDEBAKER made trucks", I walked about 50 feet and heard some dummy say the same thing to his Buddy!
                          I didn't take the camera but took some shots with my Dumb Phone. I will try to post some of them later.

Jim

Comment

I have also heard the same comment many times, didn't know Studebaker made trucks, however have also been told the Studebaker was a better driving truck then the big three.
                            Jerry Kurtz

Comment

Thanks, 2R5, for posting that photo of Jerry's K-Coke truck. It is such a well done restoration!! I never tire of looking at that beautiful front end! Frank

Comment

Working...
                              X