Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo / Tach / Gauges: Tach cable

Hello Everyone..
    1957 G.H. I am trying to find a hole in the firewall large enough for the 3 prong connector from the tach to the distributor to pass through. Any help or idea's??

Hey now, This isn't "stump the band" . Calling all GH pros,,..

Comment

Doesn't it pass through the steering column-to firewall seal?

Comment

Don't think so, This cable is 1/4" dia electrical cable. Comes out the back of the tachometer and mates with the cable from the tach drive device under the distributor. I must be looking at something wrong,,,this connector head is 1" in dia and the holes in the firewall are like 3/4"???

Comment

I do not remember what the Tachometer end of those "Old Style" Cables looks like, but is there a chance you could feed that end in first?
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I just looked at the 56J, and it passes through the same hole the speedo and OD cable pass through. Looking at the firewall, it is a couple of inches to the upper right of the steering column hole.

Comment

OK! Thanks guys, I didn't take the car apart so going back together gets a wee bit tricky sometimes, Thanks for all the input...Joe I think that has to be the correct hole because it is the only one large enough for the big ole ugly connector.
              As always I appreciate the help. Ken

Comment

Working...
              X