A very very long shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A very very long shot

For the past 10 years I have had a CESSCO "Scatter-Bug" in a box, always waiting for the right time to put it on the car. I have never seen one of these in the UK so now the car is up and running I thought I would put the scatter bug on. However 6 months ago I moved house, and I found the box open, and the clips have vanished.
    After searching everywhere I think they have gone to the land of no return.

So, does anyone have a broken one that they no longer want, or have the clips from one? Please let me know, meanwhile I have bugs everywhere.

Thanks

Ooops sorry it was made by LESSCO

Comment

I will be the first one to admit " I don't know what ya talkin' about"

Comment

Well, I looked up Lessco and see that it is an electronics company, but I have no idea what a scatter-bug is.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Google is your friend..............these are vintage bug deflectors. Look at one here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-40s-...item5674f882e9
          Paul
          Winston-Salem, NC
          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
          Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

I had one similar to that on a 1947 Ford in about 1953. They clipped on the hood ornament and were pretty ineffective at diverting bugs but were for the time "really cool".

Comment

Growing up in DIXIE We called'em "Bug Knockers"
              Neil Thornton

Comment

We hillbillies in the mountains of north Georgia called them "Bug-catchers." The first ones I saw when I was about nine or ten years old were either neon green or day-glo orange. Those who were ultra-cool had matching air-deflectors on the wing windows of the front doors. They were prevalent in the days of my youth along with swan hood ornaments (We called them geese), fox (or raccoon) tails on the radio antenna, rear-view mirroe (or both), mud-flaps, half-moons or visors on the headlights, loud mufflers, and maybe a sun-visor and/or fender-skirts. Higher on the scale were one or two spotlights and some kind of fancy brake light(s). Foglights and fancy hubcaps (Oldsmobile type spinners) were popular.
                Inside the car, fuzzy dice or the afore-mentioned fox-tails were cool. Those with higher educations might have their (and maybe their girl-friends) tassel from the their high school graduation hanging from the rear-view mirror. I knew one fellow who had both sun-visors and half of his headliner covered with felt strips with printed messages won at the fair such as, "Don't cry, Baby, I'll be back."

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Ensley View Post
                  We hillbillies in the mountains of north Georgia called them "Bug-catchers." The first ones I saw when I was about nine or ten years old were either neon green or day-glo orange. Those who were ultra-cool had matching air-deflectors on the wing windows of the front doors. They were prevalent in the days of my youth along with swan hood ornaments (We called them geese), fox (or raccoon) tails on the radio antenna, rear-view mirroe (or both), mud-flaps, half-moons or visors on the headlights, loud mufflers, and maybe a sun-visor and/or fender-skirts. Higher on the scale were one or two spotlights and some kind of fancy brake light(s). Foglights and fancy hubcaps (Oldsmobile type spinners) were popular.
                  Inside the car, fuzzy dice or the afore-mentioned fox-tails were cool. Those with higher educations might have their (and maybe their girl-friends) tassel from the their high school graduation hanging from the rear-view mirror. I knew one fellow who had both sun-visors and half of his headliner covered with felt strips with printed messages won at the fair such as, "Don't cry, Baby, I'll be back."
                  Another mirrow adornment was the girlfriend's silk scarf. If you wanted
                  the"Bad Boy" image, it was a garter. That and a pack of Lucky Strike rolled up in your T-shirt sleeve.
                  Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Ensley View Post
                    Those who were ultra-cool had matching air-deflectors on the wing windows of the front doors.
                    This is the style that was popular here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...hlight=hushers

Craig

Comment

Working...
                    X