Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here are 2 pictures of the 1948 hub caps for our Land Cruiser.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here are 2 pictures of the 1948 hub caps for our Land Cruiser.

Hello all; When driving home from getting new radial tires mounted on our recently acquired 1948 Land Cruiser I lost one of the hub caps. I looked and looked but wasn't able to find it and so am in need of at least 1 hub cap like the one in the pictures. Any leads would be welcome. Please email or call with any info or if you have any to sell give me the cost. Many thanks! SteveClick image for larger version

Name:	100_3483.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	196.5 KB
ID:	1746968

Originally posted by studefan41 View Post
    Hello all; When driving home from getting new radial tires mounted on our recently acquired 1948 Land Cruiser I lost one of the hub caps. I looked and looked but wasn't able to find it and so am in need of at least 1 hub cap like the one in the pictures. Any leads would be welcome. Please email or call with any info or if you have any to sell give me the cost. Many thanks! Steve[ATTACH=CONFIG]44059[/ATTACH]
    Try Studebakers International. This hubcap was listed in their 2012 catalogue, page 43, part number 800263. I don't have their 2015 catalogue, so don't know if it is still listed.
    Bill Jarvis

Comment

NEW 1947 to 1949 Commander/Land Cruiser Hub Cap, now on Pg. 43, 800263 for $75.00 each in latest Catalog 2014.

The 526646 retaining Clips may be needed if damaged or missing.
      I can not believe a Hub Cap would ever come off IF properly seated all the way on 3 of these Clips in good shape. This is very likely a Mechanic error.
      Last edited by StudeRich; 05-22-2015, 09:33 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Hello; I agree but what happened happened and I've searched up and down the country road on which we live with no luck! The guys who changed out the old bias ply tires for the new wide white radials are old car guys but still it could have been either mechanic fault or faulty clips. I know that I can buy them at Studebaker International but I was hoping to find one in the sort of condition the other 3 are in, sort of driver quality, not show car quality like the other 3! Thanks again. Steve

Comment

My 64 Daytona has newer wheels from a Lincoln and it would throw the odd hubcap .. A few times I found myself pulled over looking for it and have always found them .. One I watched come off and went right between the duals of a semi and wasn't damaged .. After that I bought a rubber mallet and would give them all a tap before going on a cruise .. What a pain but I would hate to lose one .
          Love my Lark

Comment

Working...
          X