Museum selling nice 1946 Skyway Champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Museum selling nice 1946 Skyway Champion

I note that the Studebaker National Museum has an unmolested 1946 Champion now on Ebay. Pretty good shape for a mostly original car. Last year for this body style. 19,275 assembled between December 1945 and March 1946. Bid early and often. Money goes to a good cause!
    Click here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Studebaker-S...-/231563010619

Click image for larger version

Name:	46 champion museum.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	1746936
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Since the Studebaker National Museum has more cars than it can display, it would be nice if the Gilmore Museum put up a Studebaker building.
    They now have a Packard, Model A, Franklin, and I think Ford buildings in addition to all the other buildings.

Comment

The buildings at the Gilmore are financed principally through donations from individual car collectors and clubs. Very unlikely that there would be enough contributions to build another Studebaker museum. While the SNM in South Bend received significant contributions from Studebaker owners (and the SDC) it was not nearly enough to cover the cost of construction. Those funds came principally from the city of South Bend who continues to support the museum financially.
      Richard Quinn
      Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Very nice Champion! Just like the one my Dad waited so long for after the war.
        My Mom totaled it in 1948 after riding it down a mountain side and rolling over as she went.
        Solid car, my Mom, Sister, and Aunt walked away with just cuts and bruises!
        sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
        Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
        "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Working...
        X