60 Lark Convertible Trim Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: 60 Lark Convertible Trim Question

Can anyone tell me what the red trim piece shown in the photo (green arrow) consists of? Is it vinyl glued directly to the metal, or is it vinyl over foam padding glued to the metal, or is there a piece of fiberboard the vinyl is glued to?

Does it end at the top of the frame, or does it fold over into the channel on the top of the windshield frame?

Here's the only photo I could find searching with Google:

Click image for larger version

Name:	windshield trim.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	1746934

I've searched the internet for photos, but no one seems to take photos of this area, and even if they do, it's usually hidden by the sun visors.

(I also need the black metal trim that you see on either side of the rear view mirror. I believe it's a 60 (or 59-60) only part. I just need the top, I have the other 3 sides. If anyone has one they'll sell, please let me know)

Thanks for any help.

Jay
    ?Wanted: Power Steering Parts for a 60 Lark.

My 60 came with a blue interior that I changed to brown. The area you are referring to was covered by vinyl on mine, no padding, when I took it apart. No I don't have spare interior trim, hope this helps.

Bob
    Bob
    Welland Ontario
    60 Lark Convertible
    64 Daytona
    sigpic
    "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

Originally posted by pinehurstbob View Post
      The area you are referring to was covered by vinyl on mine, no padding
      Exactly what I need to know. Thank you. I think I have the trim located.

Comment

OK, I spoke too soon. I think I'm missing far more than I originally thought.

If anyone has a photo of this area that has all the pieces I would appreciate seeing it.

Here is my car vs. the factory photo. I see I'm missing the trim strip at the top of the windshield frame and the two pieces on either side of it, and I think I'm also missing another piece at the front.

My Car:

Name:	my missing trim.JPG
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	1696886

Factory photo

Name:	missing windshield trim.JPG
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	1696887

Sorry to be a pest about this, but I don't have another Lark to look at, and I don't think these pieces are in the parts catalog (at least not with an illustration).

Jay

Comment

There is 1 piece of stainless that covers the top of the windshield. It may be unique to 60 & 61, since 62 to 64 converts take a different windshield. Do you have the brackets that the claws on the top hook to? If so all you are missing is the stainless. Also don't throw out the ends of the weather stripping at the top by the vent window. The weather stripping has been reproduced but not the ends. Dan Peterson in Vermont vends at meets and has a some 60 convert parts. Suggest you give him a try.

Bob
          Bob
          Welland Ontario
          60 Lark Convertible
          64 Daytona
          sigpic
          "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

Thanks. Yes, I have those it seem to be this strip that I'm missing:

Name:	missing trim copy.JPG
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	1696893

I appreciate the help, and if anyone has one of these they would part with, I'm just in heat to own one.

Comment

For the record, I need to correct Bob's statement: "It may be unique to 60 & 61, since 62 to 64 converts take a different windshield."

The 1960 Lark Convertible Windshield is common to all Models of 1959 and 1960. So it follows that the Convertible Hardware is 1960 ONLY, no '59's were built.

The 1961 and '62 Larks have the same Windshield, the '63 Convertible, all Larks & Cruiser AND 1964 Wagonaire and Convertible Windshields are the same.

The '60-'64 Convertible peculiar Parts and Hardware needs to be looked up in the Studebaker Body Parts Catalog as some may vary.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The "windshield opening header" stainless molding that you need is part number 1336198 and is '60 convertible only, no other years. I sent you a private message.

Comment

Working...
                X