'61 Lark Antenna Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other: '61 Lark Antenna Installation

I now have a 1961 Lark DeLuxe 4 Door Sedan, and I've purchased an original AM Push-button Radio. I'd like to install it, but I don't know where to put the antenna, or how/where to route the it's cable to connect with the radio. If anyone has either the "original" instructions, or some photos or info on the proper placement of the antenna, I'd much appreciate the help.
    Thanks,

George

The first thing you will need is a Studebaker Antenna. It goes through the Left Front Fender inboard rear corner and through the Cowl below and into the Door Post so that the bottom of the tube can be secured INSIDE of the drivers Kick Panel.

That is so that if a Internal Control Antenna were ever installed you could simply punch out the knockout plug in the Hardboard Panel and install the crank up Knob and it would be reachable from the driver.

So all Antennas mount in the same spot but, ONLY Studebaker Antennas are deep enough to reach through to the bottom of the Cowl to tighten the bottom Nut and securing strap to the sheet metal behind the hardboard.

Our Accessories Instructions and Templates collection person should have the printouts you need. However I have Searched through the "Resources" Clickdown Link for the Home Page to locate our Archives Collection holder with no luck finding the contact info and not found in the May issue of Turning Wheels. So the Info is there, I just don't know WHERE!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Here's the link: http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com...rtemplates.htm
      KURTRUK
      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Kurt, can you share the secret, well hidden, Link location somewhere on the SDC Home Page for this much needed Info?
        Last edited by StudeRich; 05-18-2015, 04:05 PM.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          Kurt, can you share the secret, well hidden, Link location somewhere on the SDC Home Page for this much needed Info?
          Home Page--Resources--Tech Tips,Specs, and Data--SDC Studebaker Template Collection.
          KURTRUK
          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Working...
          X