Advice needed on selling 1953 2R6 motor and parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed on selling 1953 2R6 motor and parts

Reluctantly I'm abandoning the stock motor in my truck. After much consideration I'm of the opinion that at best 80HP will not be enough for what I intend to use the truck for. That said, I will be removing the engine and associated components. What is the EASIEST way for me to sell them? Ideally someone local on the forum will want everything. Prepared to sell cheap. Thanks in advance.

Start here, eBay, CL, the usual suspect will find it.... Don't take this personally...... but you're giving up the most often abandoned component of a Stude truck (for your obvious reasons). If the drivetrain were in decent operating condition, someone with a very tired or missing one might be interested. Next to your rejects are the front suspension and sometimes the whole frame.....GL....

Comment

Wish I was close , I have the 245 in my 52 truck !
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

If if any of the small components will help you I will be happy to ship them. I do have a beautiful oil bath air cleaner. I know this is not the for sale section. Sorry if I'm breaking any forum rules. Still new here.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	1696838

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
        Wish I was close , I have the 245 in my 52 truck !

Comment

How far south in Texas are you? You can drive for 10 hours and still be in Texas. Which is a running joke in our family, When my kids were young we went to Corpus Christi, We had to return back to Oklahoma for a family reunion, we had been driving for 10 hours and my daughter said are we Still in Texas. Ironically both my daughters live in Texas now.
          Last edited by clonelark; 05-17-2015, 07:50 AM.
          101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

I would love to have the carb, air cleaner, genny, and fuel pump! Heck, I'd love to have the whole thing, if the shipping wouldn't kill me off... My '60 Champ has the same setup.
            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Im about 50 miles west of Houston.

Originally posted by clonelark View Post
              How far south in Texas are you? You can drive for 10 hours and still be in Texas. Which is a running joke in our family, When my kids were young we went to Corpus Christi, We had to return back to Oklahoma for a family reunion, we had been driving for 10 hours and my daughter said are we Still in Texas. Ironically both my daughters live in Texas now.

Comment

Hey Studeclunker. Make me a reasonable offer on what you need and I'll ship them out right away.

Comment

I think you probably would get the best price if you kept it all as one unit , but you have to do what you have to do . Its about 2000 miles for me so I'm out ...... Hope someone gets it that needs it !
                  sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I hear ya. I think if I can sell a few parts here and there it will offset the cost of the new motor. But hopefully someone close will want it all.

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
                    I think you probably would get the best price if you kept it all as one unit , but you have to do what you have to do . Its about 2000 miles for me so I'm out ...... Hope someone gets it that needs it !

Comment

Like others have already said, I wish I were closer. I would love to have that engine (the whole thing).
                      Joe Roberts
                      '61 R1 Champ
                      '65 Cruiser
                      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by studeclunker View Post
                        I would love to have the carb, air cleaner, genny, and fuel pump! Heck, I'd love to have the whole thing, if the shipping wouldn't kill me off... My '60 Champ has the same setup.
                        His generator is 6v. Yours is 12v.
                        Skip Lackie

Comment

Mine has been converted to 12v.

Comment

Working...
                          X