Hot Rod Power tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Rod Power tour

Power Tour is starting in Madison,Wi on June 6th any body going only live 50 miles away trying to get there for the kick off

I won't be there, BUT last year when they were in Bettendorf, Iowa I saw hundreds of neat machines AND several Studebakers! Bring a camera.

Comment

I believe my son is going to at least the start (he's about an hour away), and might go along for a day or two. Of course that's a maybe, his schedule is ever changing. Bill

Comment

I did the first few legs of the 2013 Power Tour starting @ the GM Proving Grounds, then on to Muskegan MI and then down to the U of I in Champaign IL, before having to get back to work. Last summer, I joined the tour in the Northwest Chicago Suburbs and drove to Bettendorf. The tour is in the "must see and drive in" category. The huge parking lot at the GM Proving Grounds had about 4500 cars parked for the start of the tour. Its worth the trip to go and see the variety of cars, trucks and bikes talented minds have created and built. I'd love to do part of it again this year, but have the Great American Driving Tour of Rte 66 to participate in the week after the Power Tour comes through IL.
        sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Paul what is the route of the tour this year?
          sigpic

Comment

I hope to make the kick off in Madison. Not sure if I will take my Superlark or the Avanti.
            james r pepper

Comment

On the bucket list for sure.

The guys are doing a pre run of the route as we speak. Been following their journey on Twitter and Instagram. Last I saw was their scouting of BBQ joints in Memphis on Sunday.

@hotrodmagazine

61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Tom, follow the link above. All locations are listed, a fairly long leg starting from Madison WI going down to Champaign IL. Madison IL is a second IL stop. I'll be gearing up for the Rte 66 drive on the 18th, so sadly I won't be doing it this year.
                sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
                X