Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Classic Car Episode With Studebakers (including R2 Champ Truck!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Classic Car Episode With Studebakers (including R2 Champ Truck!)

Apologies if this has been posted before. Great Studebaker collection (owned by Scott Crawley in AZ) including one of the two R2 Champ trucks, featured on 'My Classic Car'. Wow!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAjJGMSHmjo
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

That is a great showing of some really nice Cars, but that last time someone posted it I got pretty tired of hearing the Owner say: "All Original" when it was very clear there was all New Chrome, all New Interiors, Paint etc. in several, probably all.
    Also the "Tow Vehicle" statement about the Paxton R2 Champ, never happened.
    And a '62 Cruiser with a 259?

Like for instance the '56 President Wagon with the wrong Upholstery, I just don't get how anyone could own that many nice very close to Original finished Cars, plus all those completely original untouched Projects out back baking in the Sun, and not know how they should be.

As I have said many times before, I have no problem with Mild Customs, I own some.
    Modified Cars, Radial Customs well done are OK, but an Original car is only "Original" once.
    So if it is "Presented" as such, that is what it needs to be except obvious things like Tires and Battery.

Even honestly stated accurate Clones of the Original Paint & Interior are better than a misrepresentation.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 05-14-2015, 01:02 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

StudeDave posted it here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ht=dajjgmshmjo

Craig

Comment

I don't know about the rest of you, but that guy owns 1 of only 2, R2 Champ pickups ever produced, he could have told me he hauled Andy Granitelli's underwear around the building a couple of times and I would have been satisfied, it was breathtaking---JMO
        sigpic

Comment

Scott used to own the R2 Champ Pickup. I sent George Krem a private message on the history of that truck from the time it was in California new to the time it was sold to Scott Cawley. I also saw the 4 page production order with the matching numbers engine and got to ride in the truck one time.

As it being a "tow vehicle" I don't know about that. I do know it was used by Studebaker and Paxton as a show/courtesy vehicle. Gene Autry, singing cowboy and California Angels owner, checked out an drove that truck.

Bob Miles
          Tucson AZ

Comment

There are a number of comments here on what is and is not original. It could be that what Scott means is that the appointments under debate here are what came with the car when he got it. It's nice to see someone like that keeping these cars from being crushed or wasted away. I sure like that '56 pinehurst he has. Original or not the interior is beautiful. I'd dearly love to have it for a driver. Perhaps Scott could have been a bit more clear on what he meant by 'original,' but all in all, the episode was a wonderful advertisement for our marque. He even dispelled the myth that parts are hard to get for Studees, "They're so simple, easy to work on, parts are available... ...Probably the largest NOS stash of parts in the country!" All in all what better advertisement could you ask for? The small inaccuracies, that non-Studee people wouldn't notice anyway, are honestly beside the point. In other words, I was rather pleased with the programme. It would be nice to see another like it in the future from some other venue.
            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
            X