53' Studebaker In Overland Park Kansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53' Studebaker In Overland Park Kansas

I was searching for a Studebaker in the Kansas City Area and came across this 53 Studebaker. Seems like a decent buy, seller mentioned that the gas tank has been removed for restoration. http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/5009240551.html

Figured I might pass it on to you guys since I couldn't buy it.
    Current Automotive Technology Student @ Pittsburg State University

Why are you looking for Studebakers if you can't buy one? That is one of the most iconic Studebakers ever built.
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I'd love to buy it. I'm a college student right now, so If I buy one it pretty much has to be running. I'll be out of school in a year and a half, hopefully I can rent a place with a garage. Once that happens I can start whatever project I want.

I daydream a lot about a Lark SCCA/ Track Car.
      Current Automotive Technology Student @ Pittsburg State University

Comment

Well, good for you. I have ten years of university and I still get stumped by an automated gas pump (lol). I struggled through law school and everytime I felt like giving up I would buy an AutoTrader and look for Studebakers. "One day I'll have another one". Great inspiration. CheClick image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	1696781ers.
        Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

This car has tons of potential for someone with time and money to restore/modify it. IMHO the wheels don't add anything.
          Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
          jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

Bought mine in College while at Southeastern Okie State. Wasn't my primary transportation, but did duty that way sometimes....
            took 20 years and followed me around forever before it was done....

Get it, make it run OK, and it'll do ok for ya, until time for the resto to begin.

Comment

Originally posted by ntreaster View Post
              I was searching for a Studebaker in the Kansas City Area and came across this 53 Studebaker. Seems like a decent buy, seller mentioned that the gas tank has been removed for restoration. http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/5009240551.html

Figured I might pass it on to you guys since I couldn't buy it.
              The asking price has dropped from $4k to $3k since yesterday. Hard to find a decent '53 for less than that!

Comment

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
                Why are you looking for Studebakers if you can't buy one? That is one of the most iconic Studebakers ever built.
                Nothing wrong with looking. Dream on.
                When the time is right, he'll get one.
                Till then, Craigslist among other places is a great way to find out what he likes, prices, conditions and what's out there.
                I look at craigslist all the time and I'm already Studebaker poor.
                South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

Originally posted by paintim613 View Post
                  This car has tons of potential for someone with time and money to restore/modify it. IMHO the wheels don't add anything.
                  When I first looked at this thread yesterday I couldn't figure out what was 'wrong' with this car the way it sat...especially the wheels because typically I love old-school 5 spokes...now I see the 'problem'...the tires need to be larger in diameter, the wheels are ok, and the headlight rings need to be changed back to the original 'hooded/peaked' ones. Just the whole front clip (if the grill surrounds are in good shape and not cracked) would almost be worth the price of admission alone. Must have been a low option car from the factory. Someone will have some fun with it. cheers, Junior
                  sigpic
                  1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Working...
                  X