My ticket to 30 days of fame - 2008 calendar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My ticket to 30 days of fame - 2008 calendar

My wife was given a new Antique Trucks calendar for 2008 by our local garage. Lo and behold, my 1948 M5 truck got the November 2008 spot! Two years ago I went up to York Harbor, Maine for famed photographer Ozzie Sweet to shoot the calendar photo. It didn't make the 2007 calendar and I was disappointed then. Now I'm happy! I'll be giving out calendars for Christmas presents.

You may find these calendars at your local garage or NAPA store as give-aways. Ozzie was 87 years old when he took the pictures, but he is still an active guy, and takes all of the pictures for this and other calendars every year. He shot a lot of sports figures over the years, like Mickey Mantle and Ted Williams, for Sports Illustrated. It was a pleasure to meet him.

[img=left]http://www.studegarage.com/images/gary_ash_m5_sm.jpg[/img=left] Gary Ash
    Dartmouth, Mass.
    '48 M5
    '65 Wagonaire Commander
    '63 Wagonaire Standard
    web site at http://www.studegarage.com
    Gary Ash
    Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
    ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
    '48 M5
    '65 Wagonaire Commander
    '63 Wagonaire Standard
    web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Congratulations! There are also places that will take your photographs and add them to calendars. My mother in law did this several years ago with some family pictures including a couple of me and my tractors.

Comment

Congratulations! There are also places that will take your photographs and add them to calendars. My mother in law did this several years ago with some family pictures including a couple of me and my tractors.

Comment

Congratulations. Great photo. I'll atart looking for a copy.

Gary Sanders
        Nixa, MO
        President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
        Gary Sanders
        Nixa, MO

Comment

Congratulations. Great photo. I'll atart looking for a copy.

Gary Sanders
          Nixa, MO
          President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
          Gary Sanders
          Nixa, MO

Comment

I wish I had paid attention in spelling class or taken a typing class. I need spell check. I'll start looking for a copy.

Gary Sanders
            Nixa, MO
            Gary Sanders
            Nixa, MO

Comment

I wish I had paid attention in spelling class or taken a typing class. I need spell check. I'll start looking for a copy.

Gary Sanders
              Nixa, MO
              Gary Sanders
              Nixa, MO

Comment

shutterfly.com

Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

shutterfly.com

Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Lookin good Gary.
                    Good thing come to those who wait.[8D]
                    Gordon

Comment

Lookin good Gary.
                      Good thing come to those who wait.[8D]
                      Gordon

Comment

Excellent, Gary! That is certainly a beautiful truck. Glad I got to see in in South Bend this year.

(nice bumper guards, too )

Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Comment

Excellent, Gary! That is certainly a beautiful truck. Glad I got to see in in South Bend this year.

(nice bumper guards, too )

Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Good things always happen to those who are worthy of the honor. Great picture and great truck. Congratulations for the 30 days of fame!! Mine was the cack cover of November's Turning Wheels

See you in the future as I write about our past
                            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Good things always happen to those who are worthy of the honor. Great picture and great truck. Congratulations for the 30 days of fame!! Mine was the cack cover of November's Turning Wheels

See you in the future as I write about our past
                              sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
                              X