Urgent appeal from "Studebaker Truck Farmer"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent appeal from "Studebaker Truck Farmer"

I am posting this to the SDC forum because it is a worthy project for all of us. We don't need to own a truck to appreciate all that Chuck Naugle has done for the world of Studebaker. Please see the link below for an appeal to raise money and buy an "Honorarium Brick" for Chuck.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/23885...+TRUCK+FARMERS...

As Frank points out, it would be awesome to make sure this remains an "Honorarium" and doesn't turn into a "Memorial". Please respond quickly and generously.

For those of you that may not be familiar with Chuck's famous overalls, he is the one in the red hat below.

Please send all contributions, made out to "Studebaker Honorarium Brick"
    address-
    Jim Sinclair
    1068 Elwood Street
    NARVON, PA 17555

for PayPal-
    jnjsinclair@gmail.com

Thank you for your support!
    Last edited by asesolen; 05-12-2015, 10:25 AM.
    Mike Lynch
    Sunnyslope, AZ

"Be kind and civil. Allow that you may be mistaken; allow that others will make mistakes, be gracious. If you're going to contribute, try to make it worthwhile."
    Alan Taylor

Thank you Mike for posting this here on the Forum. I was working on doing the same, but have been under the weather the past couple of days, so you beat me to it.
    Yes, after the Truck Farmers decided at their York Dinner to REMEMBER Bob Feaganes with a Brick, we thought it is only fitting to HONOR Chuck with one as well.
    I know there are a lot of folks here that will want to help us with the effort. One week after the announcement on Truck Talk, we are just shy of a third of the way to our fundraising goal for the project!
    Anyone with questions feel free to PM me.
    And, as Mike said above, "Thank you for your support!"
    Jim
    Last edited by LarkTruck; 05-12-2015, 11:30 AM.
    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

To add, trying to keep Chuck from finding out until it is complete for the surprise.

Comment

So are we to assume that we are talking about a brick for the Studebaker National Museum Patio Deck out front by the double doors and the Stude. Wheel?
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          So are we to assume that we are talking about a brick for the Studebaker National Museum Patio Deck out front by the double doors and the Stude. Wheel?
          To answer your question Rich, yes, we are "talking about" the Large 12x12 Brick, which will include the Truck Farmer Logo. To those who are not familiar with the Brick Campaign, which also supports the Museum,

visit: https://studebakermuseum.org/store/bricks/

This request was simply to open the project up to the majority of the SDC Membership. If you care to participate, the TRUCK FARMERS greatly appreciate your support!
          JS

Comment

Originally posted by LarkTruck View Post
            To answer your question Rich, yes, we are "talking about" the Large 12x12 Brick, which will include the Truck Farmer Logo. To those who are not familiar with the Brick Campaign, which also supports the Museum,

visit: https://studebakermuseum.org/store/bricks/

This request was simply to open the project up to the majority of the SDC Membership. If you care to participate, the TRUCK FARMERS greatly appreciate your support!
            JS
            Good morning Jim. Not a truck farmer, but happy to support this. Check is in the mail. I've known and appreciated Chuck for as long as I can remember.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
              Good morning Jim. Not a truck farmer, but happy to support this. Check is in the mail. I've known and appreciated Chuck for as long as I can remember.

Stu Chapman
              Thank You Stu!
              JS

Comment

Great; thanks for the effort. Check went out to Jim Sinclair in today's post, as the English would say. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                  Great; thanks for the effort. Check went out to Jim Sinclair in today's post, as the English would say. BP
                  Thank You Bob!

And Thank You, to those who have donated so far via PayPal! Weekly progress updates will be posted Sunday evenings on Truck Talk. A running dollar amount will be given, as well as a list of Donors.
                  If you do not wish your name to be listed, please PM me, or put a note with your donation.
                  THANKS AGAIN!
                  Jim

Comment

Just a BUMP! And another thank you to those donating via PayPal.
                    Jim
                    Last edited by LarkTruck; 05-16-2015, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Who says we are a bunch of CASO's???? Just two weeks into this and we are well over half way in our fund raising! (After today's mail and PayPal donations)

Here is a link to Frank's 5/18 report on Truck Talk:
                      http://www.network54.com/Forum/23885...EVENING+REPORT...

Please note there are a lot more names that will be on next weeks report.

Jim

Comment

Just a BUMP! And another thank you to those donating

Comment

Originally posted by cstude1 View Post
                          Just a BUMP! And another thank you to those donating
                          Thanks for the bump Chuck. And THANK YOU for your donation!
                          Jim

Comment

Had a nice visit with Chuck this evening. He did not say anything about this project. Don't think he knows anything yet. Hope we can keep it this way. My check is in the mail.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJim View Post
                              Had a nice visit with Chuck this evening. He did not say anything about this project. Don't think he knows anything yet. Hope we can keep it this way. My check is in the mail.
                              Thanks for the update Jim, and THANK YOU for your donation and help with the project!
                              Jim S.

Comment

Working...
                              X