1964 Daytona Article?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 Daytona Article?

Can anyone direct me to any article in Turning Wheels concerning 1964 Daytona Hardtops (J bodies)?
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Calling Bob Palma.....!

Comment

Lou: I don't believe there has ever been a 1964 J-Body specific article published, like we have published convertible (L-Body) specific articles. A J-Body specific article will have to be an article you write after you've got the 1964 Daytona hardtop roster well established!

The closest you'll come right now is Fred Fox's comprehensive feature article in the February 1993 Turning Wheels, "Studebaker's 1964 Lark Types."

There are also worthy follow-up comments and addendums to that article in the Recaps Section of the June 1993 Turning Wheels. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bob, is there a specific '64 J-Body roster? Heck, there was only 2415 cars built! How hard can it be? LOL!
        Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Originally posted by Swifster View Post
          Bob, is there a specific '64 J-Body roster? Heck, there was only 2415 cars built! How hard can it be? LOL!
          I can't say I've ever seen a roster for ALL the 1964 J-bodies, but I believe the R-powered '64 J-bodies are broken down amongst the other R-powered non-Avanti's.

Craig

Comment

I'm giving this project serious consideration. Now that I'm almost fully retired...I need something to do....and it sounds like it might be fun.
            Lou Van Anne
            62 Champ
            64 R2 GT Hawk
            79 Avanti II

Comment

Originally posted by Swifster View Post
              No, Tom; there is not (of which I am aware, that is; "never say never.")

Lou Van Anne got the idea that he might like to start one, based on the success of Stu Chapman's long-running 1964 Daytona Convertible Roster.

I believe Stu is helping Lou get Lou's roster under way. Hence this forum topic initiated by Lou. BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                No, Tom; there is not (of which I am aware, that is; "never say never.")

Lou Van Anne got the idea that he might like to start one, based on the success of Stu Chapman's long-running 1964 Daytona Convertible Roster.

I believe Stu is helping Lou get Lou's roster under way. Hence this forum topic initiated by Lou. BP
                Bob is correct. I have provided Lou with start-up recommendations.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
                  I'm giving this project serious consideration. Now that I'm almost fully retired...I need something to do....and it sounds like it might be fun.
                  Start with making a list of all the R-powered ones first as they are listed in the JTN newsletters, but not broken out by body style. After that, ask for updates, if applicable. Here's a link to your homework-------> http://www.studebaker-info.org/JTN/jtn.html

Craig

Comment

Working...
                  X