PDA

View Full Version : Forum member okc63avanti visits rockne10 and studeguy54 5/9/15

rockne10
05-10-2015, 10:13 PM
John Graham's nephew received his army commission and graduated from Penn State this weekend. The family came to share from as far away as Korea.
John's dad, nephew and brother with him at the Waffle Shop late Saturday.43675

Earlier that morning John met some local members at the same breakfast joint. 43676Between John and myself is my friend Rick Rowland, the only one present not owning a Studebaker. Across from me is Denny Foust (studeguy54) and Chairman of the SDC International Meet Committee. Next to him is Russ Roan, owner of a '56 Transtar on Cummins chassis, and of the shop where we local Stude owners partake of his largess. Then Art Reede, also on the forum as 47M-5, representing eleven Studebaker vehicles.

4367743678Then we road to my house in the '53 to get a look at the Rockne (awaiting carburetor from T-bow), then went for a little local tour in the '51. 43679 Then proceeded to Russ Roan's shop where Art Reede was attempting to diagnose an intermittent horn issue in his '52. Problem solved!
I'm so pleased John sought to include our visit in such an auspicious family celebration.

M15 Trucker
05-11-2015, 11:18 AM
You might also note that okc63avanti has one of the nicest '63 R2+ Avantis in the club, and I'm hopful that no damage was done to it during the resent tornado storms that have hit the areas of Mustang, Moore, and Norman arround OKC.

Studedude
05-11-2015, 07:36 PM
It's good to see our friend John out and about, meeting our other Stude friends. When I grow up, I'd like to get out of Payne County OK once or twice. :)