Heads-Up: 1957 Provincial Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heads-Up: 1957 Provincial Owners

According to the June 2015 Automobile magazine Auction Report, your ship has come in!

Who'd a thunk it? BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Could have been a sentimental buyer. Maybe someone who had their first kiss in a black and rose gold Provincial with a delaminated windshield......

Comment

Pretty good price considering all the negatives pointed out in the article. You never know what might happen at an auction.
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

This certainly gives me some inspiration to hurry and finish my '57 Clipper Wagon. Did they say where it was sold?
        Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
          This certainly gives me some inspiration to hurry and finish my '57 Clipper Wagon. Did they say where it was sold? Bill
          At the January 2015 Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Arizona Auction circus. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by 63 R2 Hawk View Post
            Could have been a sentimental buyer. Maybe someone who had their first kiss in a black and rose gold Provincial with a delaminated windshield......
            ....or at least one that was badly fogged up on the inside.... BP

Comment

Comment

Looks like I sold my 57 Broadmoor for $20K too little.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                  Looks like I sold my 57 Broadmoor for $20K too little.
                  Well, Matthew, look at it this way: Had it been sold at Barrett-Jackson, you would have incurred upwards of $4,000 expenses getting it there and paying commissions and boarding yourself for the sale day, etc. BP

Comment

I believe Fred Fox is preparing an in depth article on the '57 models for Turning Wheels.
                    Brad Johnson,
                    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
                      This certainly gives me some inspiration to hurry and finish my '57 Clipper Wagon. Did they say where it was sold?
                      Bill
                      Bill, You're doing just fine with your Packard wagon! You're way ahead of me on my Packard wagon. I think you you should slow down.
                      sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                      Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                      "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Originally posted by 57pack View Post
                        Bill, You're doing just fine with your Packard wagon! You're way ahead of me on my Packard wagon. I think you you should slow down.
                        I'm hoping you both finish them soon, and we can all meet up at an international! Can you imagine, three '57 Packard wagons in a row!
                        Chip
                        '63 Cruiser
                        '57 Packard wagon
                        '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                        '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

57pack and Chip,
                          I'm going as fast as I can what with only being able to work on it for 4-5 months at a time while we winter in Arizona(where Colette the Clipper is stored). You can only imagine what it is like to return to the project after a 7 month absence and with my memory(or lack thereof) trying to recall where I left off. I'll keep you guys posted.
                          I don't know how to copy here so I'll just state to Chip's suggestion, a big "yes" to have three together at an international meet. Lets put it on our bucket lists.
                          Cheers, Bill

Comment

I like that idea!
                            Drive train done, starting on body next!
                            Norm is sewing up the interior, progress is being made!
                            sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                            Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                            "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

The international is in Warwick RI next June, do you think you will be ready???
                              Chip
                              '63 Cruiser
                              '57 Packard wagon
                              '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                              '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Working...
                              X