Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loud Obnoxious Noise Identified - Grommet Did It!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Loud Obnoxious Noise Identified - Grommet Did It!

My truck developed a loud and obnoxious rattle/bang under the dash. I spent several days trying to pin in down. It turned out to be from the right side vent cable rattling and scraping against the hole in the firewall where it comes through. The grommet finally disintegrated completely allowing metal to metal contact. I was surprised that much racket could be created by this.
    Does anyone have, or know where I might obtain a new rubber grommet for this opening? My usual sources do not list this particular grommet.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

That would be 1351088 Pg. 124. Makes me wonder who your "Usual Sources" are!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      That would be 1351088 Pg. 124. Makes me wonder who your "Usual Sources" are!
      Thanks, StudeRich. Usually the first place I look is my SI catalog. I did not see anything in it that specifically said it was for a 1961 Champ heater cable application. I just got the same number you gave when I went to Studebaker Parts Online. Again, did not say it was for a '61 Champ but it looked like it would work. It appears I was correct. Hey, and my best sources are you guys here on the Forum!
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

The SI catalog only lists the most popular available parts. The parts books list ALL the parts.
        Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
        X