5 speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission / Overdrive: 5 speed

fox body 5 speed into a 63 lark will the shifter clear a bench seat ? really don't want to go to buckets, the interior is just to nice as is.

The Skyline 5 speed I installed in my 48 Champion is much longer than the Studebaker 3 speed. We modified the shifter as shown here, used a chrome rod from a Mazda rear hatch strut for the lever. I also modified the bench seat with a "V" in the center to clear the shifter when the seat is moved forward.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Shifter lever.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	1696564 Click image for larger version

Name:	Seat cushion modified.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	1696565
    Trying to build a 48 Studebaker for the 21st century.
    See more of my projects at stilettoman.info

Comment

I don't know if the stock shifter is where you want it to be, but street rodders have made a remote linkage by putting a pivot ball where you want the shifter stick to be and running a rod rearward to the stock shifter location. By all accounts, it isn't difficult to fabricate and works well.

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

The Ford T-5 shifter is closer to the front of the tranny than is the GM version (Camaro/Firebird). But, I don't have the Ford measurements here. Surely you can google the Ford specs.

Comment

thanks guys,I have a good hobby machine shop so this should work out and save my bench seat.

Comment

Working...
          X