PDA

View Full Version : 1948 Colors Question.

rockinhawk
05-01-2015, 05:55 PM
I had a 1948 Champion Convertible back in 1965-66. It was a light sand looking color.I am color blind so I don't know if it was a light gray or a cream color. Was Sahara Sand,or Tulip Cream offered for 1948? All the pictures I have of that car are B&W so they probably wouldn't help. I have just got a new computer and can't figure out how to post pictures yet anyhow.

Ay help will be appreciated.

StudeRich
05-01-2015, 06:05 PM
Neil, pictures should work the same way as the Old Computer did if you are still running Windows.

6hk71400
05-01-2015, 06:26 PM
Neil,

This may help: http://paintref.com/paintref/index.shtml
According to the paint chart 16 colors are listed with the paint codes and Tulip Cream is one of the colors for 1948 Studebaker and it also lists Tulip Cream for Convertible only.

The data base has 446,708 paint codees

Hope this helps

Bob Miles
Tucson AZ

rockinhawk
05-01-2015, 06:55 PM
Neil,

This may help: http://paintref.com/paintref/index.shtml
According to the paint chart 16 colors are listed with the paint codes and Tulip Cream is one of the colors for 1948 Studebaker and it also lists Tulip Cream for Convertible only.

The data base has 446,708 paint codees

Hope this helps

Bob Miles
Tucson AZThanks Bob. My car was undoubtably Tulip Cream. Nothing else in the lineup is even close. I'm thinking of trying to duplicate that car.

rockinhawk
05-01-2015, 07:02 PM
43369OK! I got it. I had to "go advanced" to get it to work. Rich,I was using windows XP. The new one is Windows 8.3. There is a big difference in the way it works. And ,as you know, I'm kinda dumb when it comes to all this modern stuff

6hk71400
05-01-2015, 09:23 PM
One of our members (Lew Dandurand) had a 48 Champion Tulip Cream Convertible. Lew has culled the herd and that was one that got away. I sold him a 52 Commander Convertible that I brought home from north of San Francisco as well. It was painted same colors as the Indy 500 pace car. I understand that car is now in Sweden.

Best of Luck on your effort Neil

Bob Miles
Tucson AZ

StudeRich
05-02-2015, 01:33 AM
I am sorry to hear that you stuck with a Computer that has Windows 8, I thought most Computer Mfg's. had gotten rid of those terrible Operating Systems and gone back to Windows 7 that actually works. :(

mbstude
05-02-2015, 01:42 AM
I am sorry to hear that you stuck with a Computer that has Windows 8, I thought most Computer Mfg's. had gotten rid of those terrible Operating Systems and gone back to Windows 7 that actually works. :(

I've been using Windows 8 for the last 3 years, and love it. It works fine if you take the time to learn how to use it.

But this thread isn't about that..

Good luck with the convertible!!! Makes me really happy to see you have a shot at another one 50 years later.

Corvanti
05-02-2015, 06:39 PM
i have Windows 7 on my 'puter and have no problems - but - i don't use the "Windows Explorer" browser. i use Firefox. it has some great applications, etc. the best is "Ad Block" which does what it says.:!: i occasionally use "Google Chrome", but rarely. unless you are on a "Dial-Up" connection, the FF browser is fast and easy to download.

have you picked up that '48 Vert yet???:)

Guido
05-02-2015, 07:04 PM
I've been using Windows 8 for the last 3 years, and love it. It works fine if you take the time to learn how to use it.

I would suspect the operator before the operating system...