Auburn spring - selling the '63 Champ Utility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auburn spring - selling the '63 Champ Utility

hey everyone ! Sadly I will be auctioning my '63 Champ at Auburn Spring this year . With over 10 cars I have to thin the herd . It's at RM Auctions America on Friday May 8 in Auburn Indiana and will be rolling over in the first 10 or 15 cars. It's got the 259 3 speed drivetrain and runs good ! Not concours but what pickup should be ? :-)

look it up and if you like it you should do well as I put it in at no reserve !

See you there maybe !

Nick Daytona
    Last edited by Nick Daytona; 05-01-2015, 09:22 AM. Reason: misspell

I tried to post the Link for you since you didn't, and it is needed to find out what a "Champ Utility" exactly IS.

No luck though, all of the Spring Auburn SEARCHES for "Studebaker" failed to work, a terrible to negotiate Website at RM. Maybe you have to "Register" to shop.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 05-01-2015, 12:24 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Very nice '53 Starliner (29K original miles) also on the blocks...

Comment

wow what a cool Champ! I wish you well with the auction
        sigpic
        JohnP, driving & reviving
        60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

Nice looking truck, I was expecting a Body Builder built "Utility" Body with full exterior Storage Boxes, this one is Custom with a Modified Stock Bed, a serious one of a kind. I remember it from the last eBay Ad.

The Ad mistakenly says it is a 3 Speed Manual Trans. actually it appears to be either a 4 or 5 Speed, as it is a Floor Shift.
          StudeRich
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            Nice looking truck, I was expecting a Body Builder built "Utility" Body with full exterior Storage Boxes, this one is Custom with a Modified Stock Bed, a serious one of a kind. I remember it from the last eBay Ad.

The Ad mistakenly says it is a 3 Speed Manual Trans. actually it appears to be either a 4 or 5 Speed, as it is a Floor Shift.
            Sellers post also says it is 3 speed. Steve
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
              Sellers post also says it is 3 speed. Steve
              LOL! Maybe he never found Compound Low!
              I can't imagine anyone putting a Floor Shift Top Cover on a 3 Speed, just to have a slow shifting Top Loader, AND there are None for the T-85/T-89 H.D. Borg Warner 3 Speed a V8 should have. Also most were Overdrive.
              StudeRich
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                LOL! Maybe he never found Compound Low!
                I can't imagine anyone putting a Floor Shift Top Cover on a 3 Speed, just to have a slow shifting Top Loader, AND there are None for the T-85/T-89 H.D. Borg Warner 3 Speed a V8 should have. Also most were Overdrive.

Buy it and prove everyone else is wrong. Reminds me of the kid just back from a school trip who exclaimed "everyone got lost but me!" Steve
                sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=StudeRich;917757] I can't imagine anyone putting a Floor Shift Top Cover on a 3 Speed, just to have a slow shifting Top Loader, AND there are None for the T-85/T-89 H.D. Borg Warner 3 Speed a V8 should have.[/QOUTE]

Just because you "can't imagine" someone doing something you do not agree with, that does not necessarily make it incorrect or undesirable. We are fortunate to have a diverse group of people with a wide range of likes, views, talents and vehicles. I can't imagine how bland and boring life and our Studebakers would be if we all conformed to the likes and dislikes of just one person.

Comment

The top loader three speed top could have come out of a Willies or from a Gibson tractor.
                    If you car is ugly then it better be fast.....

65 2dr sedan
                    64 2dr sedan (Pinkie)
                    61 V8 Tcab
                    63 Tcab 20R powered
                    55 Commander Wagon
                    54 Champion Wagon
                    46 Gibson Model A
                    50 JD MC
                    45 Agricat
                    67 Triumph T100
                    66 Bultaco Matadore

Comment