Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

57 studebaker president regal, lost power to everything dont know if there is fuse pannel or relay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: 57 studebaker president regal, lost power to everything dont know if there is fuse pannel or relay

I recently purchased the 57 and the battery went low was running great. I put a charge on it tried to start it and as the starter was cranking I heard what sounded to be a fuse pop. All power to the vehicle was lost. I could not locate a fuse panel or box just two fuses under the column. anyone have info on the primary power system to this car?

Welcome to the SDC! locate the starter solenoid, on left fender . batt side has heavy guage wire feeding into main harness, this will split under dash to feed ign. switch and rest of electrical system, some switched power some hot all time. you will want the wiring schematic to sort out the wiring codes and find the junction where main power splits to ign switch and "Hot' circuits.IIRC Studes have 2 fuses and 1or2 circuit breakers. also check batt terminals for corrosion and burnt terminals, they can sound like a shot gun under the hood when they fail. good luck, Doofus

Comment

Thank you for the info. I will dig into it after work today.

Comment

Here is your wiring diagram...

https://www.studebakerparts.com/stud...7-v-8-wire.jpg
        Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

wow thank you, that diagram will be very helpful.

Comment

Is 57 positive ground?? Hope you didn't try jumping negative to positive by mistake.

Comment

Working...
            X