Avanti is hit at Concours d' Elegance of Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti is hit at Concours d' Elegance of Texas

Sunday six Avanti from the Third Coast Avanti Club were select to be in the Concours d' Elegance of Texas. The Avanti were given a prime location on a knoll adjacent to a class of Cords and Duesenbergs and looking down the hill at a covey of Lamborghini.

One or two Avanti draw a few comments, but six Avanti at a Concours d' Elegance makes a statement. Equally import the crowd loved the color and automotive history of the six Avanti, we added excitement to the show.

Joe

75 Avanti, 61 Corvette, 73 Corvette, 95 Corvette, 61 Beech Baron, 1944 PBJ

Well done, thanks to the owners for helping build Avanti exposure.

BTW: I'd love to see shots of the PBJ.
    If it's the one I'm thinking of...and I think there is just one authentic example flying...I've seen some photos elsewhere, a great ship.
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

[QUOTE=devildog;917071]Sunday six Avanti from the Third Coast Avanti Club were select to be in the Concours d' Elegance of Texas. The Avanti were given a prime location on a knoll adjacent to a class of Cords and Duesenbergs and looking down the hill at a covey of Lamborghini.

One or two Avanti draw a few comments, but six Avanti at a Concours d' Elegance makes a statement. Equally import the crowd loved the color and automotive history of the six Avanti, we added excitement to the show.

Scared me for a minute. When you said;"Avanti is hit at Concours d' Elegance of Texas", well, I thought you meant one was HIT.

Good to see Avantis are being are being respected.

BTW, my neighbor has a Baron with low time Colemill motors. Been sitting for about 20 years, need another resto project?
      "Grumpy" is supposed to be coming to Salem Airport (SLE) on June 13th to celebrate the opening of the B-17 Alliance Museum, where "Lacey Lady" is being restored. http://www.warbirdsnews.com/events/warbirds-west
      Last edited by 63 R2 Hawk; 04-27-2015, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Your title sure drew me in.

As 63 R2 Hawk wrote "Scared me for a minute. When you said;"Avanti is hit at Concours d' Elegance of Texas", well, I thought you meant one was HIT."

I was not liking what I read but couldn't turn away.

Great exposure for Avantis and Studebakers.

Len

Comment

Originally posted by Skybolt View Post

As 63 R2 Hawk wrote "Scared me for a minute. When you said;"Avanti is hit at Concours d' Elegance of Texas", well, I thought you meant one was HIT."

Len
          Sorry, I scared you. headline brevity

Comment

Originally posted by JBOYLE View Post
            Well done, thanks to the owners for helping build Avanti exposure.

BTW: I'd love to see shots of the PBJ.
            If it's the one I'm thinking of...and I think there is just one authentic example flying...I've seen some photos elsewhere, a great ship.
            Here is the PBJ (B-25 Mitchell). You maybe thinking PBY Catalina with your one flying comment. Marines/Navy used 3 letter designation ...SNJ (AT-6 Texan)...JRB (C-45, AT-11 Beech 18) etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Skybolt View Post

Len
              Ditto Len,
              I too thought it was HIT. But what a showing. Great looking turnout.
              sals54

Comment

Working...
              X