Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Got teased at the Hudson Club Meeting today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Got teased at the Hudson Club Meeting today...

I attended The Southern Indiana Chapter / Hudson-Essex-Terraplane Club Meeting today, driving my 1964 Daytona (what else?), as all collector cars were welcome.

'Sat down with an old friend and his wife for lunch. He proceeded to quiz me about identifying a "Lark" his niece's boyfriend inherited many years ago. Niece's boyfriend just lets it sit in the garage while he drives his early-1970s Corvette to car shows and such; the Lark probably hasn't run for 8 to 10 years, but at least it is inside a good garage.

My friend had been over to see the car recently. Subsequent conversation revealed that it was a Lark V-8 2-door wagon; model year uncertain. From his description of the color, I'll bet it is a Hawaiian Green '59. Needless to say, I pressed him for more information and a more complete report as time allows... BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

When you stated "teased", I assumed that the car was actually a Rambler.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Well Bob, perhaps the tease will produce fruit. Sounds like the Lark needs a Studebaker home.
      sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
      Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
      "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
        When you stated "teased", I assumed that the car was actually a Rambler.
        'Not in this group, Brent. I'm fairly well known there and always wear a Studebaker sweatshirt or other Studebaker identification. 'Nice bunch of folks; fellow travelers in the hobby and such. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by 57pack View Post
          Well Bob, perhaps the tease will produce fruit. Sounds like the Lark needs a Studebaker home.
          Agreed, Bill; I'll pursue the lead from time to time...and my friend there in the HET Club knows to contact me if anything changes as to the situation. BP

Comment

Are you sure it is not horizon green from 65?

Comment

Originally posted by 58PackardWagon View Post
              Are you sure it is not horizon green from 65?
              'Prolly not, since I confirmed it is a 2-door wagon and the fellow telling me about it is a car-savvy guy, not a BSer. BP

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                I attended The Southern Indiana Chapter / Hudson-Essex-Terraplane Club Meeting today, driving my 1964 Daytona (what else?), as all collector cars were welcome.

'Sat down with an old friend and his wife for lunch. He proceeded to quiz me about identifying a "Lark" his niece's boyfriend inherited many years ago. Niece's boyfriend just lets it sit in the garage while he drives his early-1970s Corvette to car shows and such; the Lark probably hasn't run for 8 to 10 years, but at least it is inside a good garage.

My friend had been over to see the car recently. Subsequent conversation revealed that it was a Lark V-8 2-door wagon; model year uncertain. From his description of the color, I'll bet it is a Hawaiian Green '59. Needless to say, I pressed him for more information and a more complete report as time allows... BP
                Bob,
                I've met a number of Hudson folks here on Long Island. They're a good bunch, very similar to Studebaker people.
                Rog
                '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                Smithtown,NY
                Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Bob would be curios about the car you found . A 59 Hawaiian Green V8 2door wagon would be a nice find . The 2door wagons are a favorite of mine and have a Sea Mist Green? 59 headed my way from New Mexico . Ed

Comment

Originally posted by Halibrand1 View Post
                    Bob would be curios about the car you found . A 59 Hawaiian Green V8 2door wagon would be a nice find . The 2door wagons are a favorite of mine and have a Sea Mist Green? 59 headed my way from New Mexico . Ed
                    I hear that, Ed...'already got a PM last evening from a local SDCer who wants me to pursue it ASAP...and I don't even know if it might be for sale, much less the condition! BP

Comment

Working...
                    X