Body--shims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body--shims

My parts catalog, Truck Parts Catalog--Studebaker 7E-8E Series, (January 1963), p. 378, calls for two shims: PN# 1331551X1, 1/8" and PN# 1331155X2, 3/16"--fender to front hinge pillar, on my '64 T-cab Champ. SI, Studebakers West and StudebakerParts.com don't have these. Does anyone know their dimensions/shape and where they are placed?

On my 55 HT, there were steel washers stacked between the fender and the firewall, more on one side than the other. Between frame and body the spacers were rubber, like chunks of tires.
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

You can make them out of innertube or conveyer belt.
      If you car is ugly then it better be fast.....

65 2dr sedan
      64 2dr sedan (Pinkie)
      61 V8 Tcab
      63 Tcab 20R powered
      55 Commander Wagon
      54 Champion Wagon
      46 Gibson Model A
      50 JD MC
      45 Agricat
      67 Triumph T100
      66 Bultaco Matadore

Comment

But, where do they go?

Comment

The steel washers are on a bolt holding fender to body/firewall at the hinge pillar, so that the fender lines up with the body lines. They are hidden and hard to see until you lift the hood and look down the space between body and fender.
          Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

The thickness of the shim/shims varies with each location on each vehicle.
            South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

Thanks guys. I have some shims that look like they were cut from a tire that were used to shim the cab body to the body fastening struts. I got them from Phil Harris at Fairborn Studebaker. He has them in stock, I think. They have a 1/2" hole and are about 1 3/4" x 1 1/2" and come in different thicknesses.

Comment

Working...
              X