No announcement yet.

serial numbers for Canadian built cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• serial numbers for Canadian built cars?

A friend has a Hamilton built '53 Champion coupe with serial number G752798. Where can we find more information about this particular car?

Purchase the Production Order here: http://www.studebakermuseum.org/

That is the only way to determine the Exterior Color, Interior Fabric and Color Type, Equipment it was built with, where shipped, Date, Ordered, Built and Shipped etc.

I understand that some Canadian Production Orders were lost, so you need to ask.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I believe 1960 is the earliest year Production Orders for Hamilton-assembled cars are available, but like Rich states, it might not hurt to ask.

Craig

Comment

All that I can tell you is that it was assembled quite close to the end of all 1953 Champion production in Hamilton.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Thank-you all.

Comment

I could not get production order for my '65 Cruiser and was told it was because it was among the many that were lost.
            Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser
            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
              I could not get production order for my '65 Cruiser and was told it was because it was among the many that were lost.
              Try again in 6 months time. Story I heard is some are out of sequence and have to be sorted; but not 'lost'. Either they will be sorted, or one of the staff will look a little harder next time.

Craig

Comment

Working...
              X