Tail light ID?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Tail light ID?

Hi - I have a 48 Champion convertible (7G, Regal Deluxe) and I'm trying to determine if I actually have the correct tail lenses. I've post a few pix of what I have; seems all the other champions I see have the split rim with split tail lens. Mine has a one piece lens & it looks to be from a Commander, but that rim had a 3 bar grill on it. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20150418_171945[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	1746787Click image for larger version

Name:	20150418_171958[1].jpg
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	1746788Click image for larger version

Name:	20150418_172024[1].jpg
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	1746789

Somebody has modified Champion housings (47-49) to hold commander lenses (47-49) You should be able to see where they cut out the center of the champion bezels.
    Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
    1961 Hawk 4-speed
    1967 Avanti
    1961 Lark 2 door
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

I was wondering about that; I can't see any cut marks, but the chrome is in too good of shape to be original....must have been modified then re-chromed. Would be nice to have "original" bezels but these are in great shape and look fine to me. I just thought maybe I had an unusual original light. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by pjkush View Post
        I was wondering about that; I can't see any cut marks, but the chrome is in too good of shape to be original....must have been modified then re-chromed. Would be nice to have "original" bezels but these are in great shape and look fine to me. I just thought maybe I had an unusual original light. Thanks.
        Originally, there were 2 glass lenses separated by a vertical bar. The outer lens has the word "Direction" in the lens. The inner lens has the word "Tail" or similar. The brake light shares the 2-filament 1154 bulb with the tail light. The direction signal has a single-filament bulb.

- - - Updated - - -
        Bill Jarvis

Comment

Working...
        X