'62 Cruiser at Carlisle this week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '62 Cruiser at Carlisle this week

Be interesting to see this one. I'll be there Thursday and Friday.

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

That nice '62 is a base model Deluxe; not a top-line Cruiser.

Craig

Comment

You know, I thought that, but the ad said Cruiser. Should have the extra window in the rear doors, correct?
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

There doesn't appear to be a link to an email address where a correction request can be made. Maybe someone knows how to contact Carlisle Auctions to get the correct information shown.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Any idea as to what this car should sell for?

Stu Chapman

Comment

Bob...I plan on being at Carlisle on Thursday. I'll give you a shout and we can meet up. Been a while.
            Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Not seeing the car, or verifying it has "low" miles.........with no rust.....: $6500-$7500. I don't know if the sale location is a plus or minus. As a plus, I'd expect lots "flippers" with low end bids....

Comment

Stu- I didn't think of that. Don't have time this minute, but I found a form on this page if someone wants to correct them: http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/carlis...s/default.aspx
                Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Absolutely, Bruce, looking forward to seeing you! I'll be going to the auction. We can go in together on The Nassau Blue 1965 NCRS Top Flight and Bloomington Gold awarded 396/425 big-block engined Corvette. We'll buy it and send it down under to Brian Greenall and make big bucks doing it. Bring your checkbook.
                  Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Anyone who is going to look at it should seriously question the 289 Engine in a Lark Deluxe 4 Door.
                    Have a Look at the Engine Serial Number.
                    While it is entirely possible that it was ordered with the Optional 289. It is HIGHLY unlikely, but you never know, it does have a Trailer Hitch, a definite clue that someone might have needed more POWER.

One possibility is that the Engine was changed from a 259 to a 289 which after this many years, could have happened.
                    The last possibility is, the Ad is just Wrong.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Well, we already know they have the model wrong.

I wasn't really interested, so I didn't really look that closely. But when I get down there Thursday I'll look it over a little better. And I'll let them know that it is not actually a Cruiser.
                      Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

That,and I think there should be add on trim at the base of the dash -"or wood all that trim only apply if a radio was present"
                        Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                        You know, I thought that, but the ad said Cruiser. Should have the extra window in the rear doors, correct?
                        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
                          That,and I think there should be add on trim at the base of the dash -"or wood all that trim only apply if a radio was present"
                          And, in 1962, there was a "Cruiser" script on the front fenders.
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

As mentioned, it doesn't appear to be a Cruiser, but the back doors do look extra long to me. The condition of it though is superb throughout. Even the rockers on the back edges of the fenders are excellent. I have a few more pictures I can email somebody if you want to post them. I don't feel like loading them to photo bucket right now.

It should be going over the block in the next half hour or hour.
                            Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Hammer price $7500, sold!
                              Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                              X