South Bend Motels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Bend Motels

A friend and I are planning on flying out from Spokane Washington to South Bend at the end of April for the swap meet and rest of the festivities. What would be some good motels to stay at? Would like to stay away from the skechy areas. Any advice would be appreciated, Thank you, Bill.

Comfort Inn on the south side is where the Studebaker people stay. A couple of miles from the fair grounds. Might be full by now.

Comment

I will be staying at the motel 8 @ 535 W. University D. in Mishawaka. 574-247-0888.
      I have stayed there before, nice area and reasonable rates.

Comment

Originally posted by paul shuffleburg View Post
        I will be staying at the motel 8 @ 535 W. University D. in Mishawaka. 574-247-0888.
        I have stayed there before, nice area and reasonable rates.
        Paul, I think you mean The Super 8 at 535 W. University Drive in Mishawaka. Agreed; it is a nice place, but not fancy. Few amenities and a mediocre Continental Breakfast.

But, importantly for us, it was clean: My wife and I stayed there last Friday evening, April 10, when we went up for that Society of Automotive Historians Banquet at The Studebaker National Museum. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

There are several good properties in the University Plaza area of Mishawaka, such as Comfort Suites, Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn. They're a bit of a drive from the Fairgrounds, maybe 30 minutes, but only about 15 minutes from the Museum.

Stu Chapman

Comment

I always stay over in the Amish area...Shipshewana and Middlebury...Essenhaus Inn is probably the nicest, but a little pricey...I used to stay in South Bend but the Proms are going on then too, and kids are in and out of the hotels all night long.... www.essenhaus.com

Comment

The Avanti crowd usually stay at the Ivy Court which is my first choice when I go. They have a great hot breakfast Traveling with someone else this trip and we are staying at the Country Inn & Suites in Mishiwaka which is also a good place to stay.
              Bob
              Bob
              Welland Ontario
              60 Lark Convertible
              64 Daytona
              sigpic
              "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

Here is a webpage for Mishawaka Hotels. I have and will stay at the Country Inn and Suites. It is across from the shopping plaza and restaurants.

Last edited by 2moredoors; 04-14-2015, 05:28 AM.
                sigpic
                55 President Deluxe
                64 Commander
                66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Mr. Palma, You are correct, just checked my registration. The first time I stayed there was May 2011
                  and they had just started doing some upgrades and by the following year they had greatly improved
                  the place.

Comment

I have stayed in many different South Bend area motels. IMO, the best, by far, is Saint Mary's Inn.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Got my room@ the comfort inn a month ago. They told me it was the last one available. A friend had called the week before and was told nothing available. Guess someone canceled. Could happen again so keep checking. This is the place to be.
                      61 lark cruiser
                      64 daytona 2dr hardtop

Comment

Thank you to everyone who responded to my question, youre help is very much appreciated.

Bill

Comment

We have always stayed at Americas Best Value In. 425 Dixie Highway North, South Bend. Price is very good, let him know you are with the Stude club. Rick Patel is manager there. We now just email or call that we are coming and he will have a room for us and we don't even have to pay anymore until we leave. There are usually several of us Stude nuts there every year.. His phone is 574 277 7700
                          It is clean and includes a fair continental breakfast.
                          Nick

Comment

America Best is where we always stay. He always remembers my name. My wife likes to eat at the Pancake house a across the street.We have been staying there for about 10 years.

Comment

What about Comfort Suites over in Elkhart? The one Google shows on county road 24 is only 13.8 miles away. Looks to be within a pleasant driving distance without an overabundance of white knuckle traffic. I'm clueless regarding room rates. I would like to make the trip, but am reluctant to make reservations. I never know, until the last minute, if I can make the trip.
                              John Clary
                              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
                              X