Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's driving to St Louis for the IM from the West?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's driving to St Louis for the IM from the West?

As mentioned before, we are hoping to have a Stude caravan starting from the Sacramento area , travelling across I-80 with stops in Wendover, Cheyenne and Nebraska City and then taking a more leisurely drive back West seeing the sights via Route 66 after the meet. If you would like to check that off your bucket list, sound off. We would be happy to have you for all or any part of the trip.

Pat
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

As of now, I plan on trailering my 62 Champ but going a different route. Have fun Pat! See you there...I hope.
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Comment

When traversing I-80, Check out the rather new museum in Kearney. It is in the NE part of town. The last I knew, George Krem had one of his Studebakers in the front room.
      www.ccckearney.com

Comment

It may be time to revive this thread, to see if anyone is interested. I have not ruled out the possibility of hooking up with the caravan, if it happens, but not sure where along the way. I have committed to a week long summer trip on the Harley next month, with an old friend who just turned 70, and wants to put some miles on his new Harley.

Also, still gotta get the 352 back together, and re-installed in the 56J. I have ran out of excuses, just need to get out into the garage and do it. But today, I first have to do the 16,000 mile valve adjustment on the 62GT, then change the AC expansion valve in the wife's 63GT. Whew, seems like I will always be a slave to Studes

Comment

Another neat stop is the engine & pedal car museum at SPEEDWAY MOTORS (www.speedwaymotors.com) in Lincoln, NE just south of I-80. They call it "The Museum of American Speed". The last time I was there they had TWO dual overhead cam Studebaker V-8 racing engines on display.

Comment

Thanks for the revival Joe. Right now we only have 3 Studes committed.
            Pat Dilling
            Olivehurst, CA
            Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

I will pick up rte 66 in Springfield

Comment

Working...
              X