56 Commander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 56 Commander

Just bought a 1956 Commander at an auction.It is in rough condition.Has complete drive train.Motor does not turn freely at the moment.No interior,much floor pan rust and holes. All glass ,except passenger door.2door,V8.Nice grill.Some body dammage to driver's side rear fender area,fixable. Can I part this car out,or keep it whole? I want to get my $475.00 back out of this project I don't want to take on.I could take me two years to make this car nice.Ant ideas? Gary

It's really up to you, restoring it will cost you far more than you'd ever hope to get for it, and I leave it up to the experts to suggest what the drivetrain and glass etc may be worth as parts.

Post some photos also - that will assist people to give advice. There is a "sticky" on the main page re: how to post photos.

John Clements
    Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
    Lockleys South Australia
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

It's really up to you, restoring it will cost you far more than you'd ever hope to get for it, and I leave it up to the experts to suggest what the drivetrain and glass etc may be worth as parts.

Post some photos also - that will assist people to give advice. There is a "sticky" on the main page re: how to post photos.

John Clements
      Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
      Lockleys South Australia
      John Clements
      Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Well it might be a pretty "slow sell" trying to move '56 sedan parts, as they do not have a very large following. Certainly someone somewhere in the Country must need the front end, if the grillework is all good, but few would travel very far to haul it, and you sure don't want to try shipping it!

If the rear quarters, bumper and decklid are good you might break even, and with selling all of the front clip you'd be a bit ahead, only if some '56 restorer is near you.

Good luck, you don't know till you TRY!

StudeRich
        Studebakers Northwest
        Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Well it might be a pretty "slow sell" trying to move '56 sedan parts, as they do not have a very large following. Certainly someone somewhere in the Country must need the front end, if the grillework is all good, but few would travel very far to haul it, and you sure don't want to try shipping it!

If the rear quarters, bumper and decklid are good you might break even, and with selling all of the front clip you'd be a bit ahead, only if some '56 restorer is near you.

Good luck, you don't know till you TRY!

StudeRich
          Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
          X