Picked Up a Neat Piece Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked Up a Neat Piece Today

Took What's Her Face into Arkansas for a look at colorful trees. Stopped at an antique store on the way back, and picked this up:

It's about 33X22, and covers the first 100 years of Studebaker history... everything from electric cars, early racing feats, rolling a '34 down a 104' cliff, and driving it away under it's own power, and other things between 1852 to 1952.

It's not in the best of shape, but it'll look good in the Quonset!

DAVE, THE EVIL TWIN FROM OKLAHOMA
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

quote:Originally posted by Studedude

It's not in the best of shape...
    I'll bet that '34 isn't in the best of shape either [:0]

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

It's not in the best of shape...
      I'll bet that '34 isn't in the best of shape either [:0]

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:I'll bet that '34 isn't in the best of shape either [:0]
        Don't know what shape it might be in today, but according to the hype on the poster, it may not have been in the best... nor the worst of shape after the fall. Quoting the text from the poster:

"Remember this? Studebaker engineers pushed a brand new sedan off a 104-foot cliff in 1934--Newsreel pictures showed the impact did remarkably little damage. The sturdy Studebaker was driven off under its own power."

Seems to me, though, if they had all that much confidence, they would have DRIVEN it off the cliff! [}]

I guess they had far less confidence in the durability of a DRIVER than they did in the car!

pitbulllady

Comment

quote:I'll bet that '34 isn't in the best of shape either [:0]
          Don't know what shape it might be in today, but according to the hype on the poster, it may not have been in the best... nor the worst of shape after the fall. Quoting the text from the poster:

"Remember this? Studebaker engineers pushed a brand new sedan off a 104-foot cliff in 1934--Newsreel pictures showed the impact did remarkably little damage. The sturdy Studebaker was driven off under its own power."

Seems to me, though, if they had all that much confidence, they would have DRIVEN it off the cliff! [}]

I guess they had far less confidence in the durability of a DRIVER than they did in the car!

pitbulllady

Comment

I have the 100 Years On The Road book. I have kept it since 1952. It's looking a little old and wrinkled like me.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
            As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.

Comment

I have the 100 Years On The Road book. I have kept it since 1952. It's looking a little old and wrinkled like me.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
              As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.

Comment

Working...
              X