Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE BEST USED CAR YOU CAN BUY FOR UNDER $11,000 (a Cruiser!)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE BEST USED CAR YOU CAN BUY FOR UNDER $11,000 (a Cruiser!)!

Regrettably I am posting this - FOR SALE - notice that I will be selling the best Cruiser that I've had since the last one I took as a "field car" when employed by Studebaker Corp. Looked long (& hard) nationwide before finding this car, bought & sold others, one was a Daytona w/25,000 original mi. I sold to Truett Cathy, ChickFilA founder for $12,000 -NOW STILL IN HIS MUSEUM. (4 DOOR! no POWER STEERING) in order to find one with a N.O.S. interior installed (by Joe Patterson of White Post Fame) correct carpets, new headliner,windlace even the window "whiskers" were replaced professionally & still smells new! Fully loaded with P.S. P.B. A/C (factory) automatic, drum brakes, 51,515 miles (certified to me & believed to be correct) Laguna blue that is described as a STUNNING car that you have to see in person & want the VERY BEST in order to appreciate the quality & workmanship of the automobile! Bear in mind that I was a regional manager (GAVE AWAY A CRUISER ON PRICE IS RIGHT) & we were responsible for the show cars that were presented to dealers in order to get orders in advance of being available & I KNOW how a quality car looks, this is one- so be willing to pay for the best.
    Jim Ferner drove the car on a 900 mi trip the summer before I bought it from him with no troubles, averaged 17 MPG w/AC on 20 MPG at 55-A/C off!

The dash pad has the "normal" crack, it marks it's territory when parked (slight) like all Studes, the tires are new (less than 2,000 mi) exhaust new, radio antenna never reinstalled after painting, the underhood needs a good detailing, otherwise the car has been described as #2 and only a few points away from a 400 pt. car with a few minor touches. Was judged @ York in 08 but I do not have the results. (SINCE IT WAS NOT MY CAR @ the time.) Been kept in a climate controlled garage since my acquiring it, never been in the elements since & looks better now than in the pictures!

I have personal reasons (health) that I will NOT expound upon here & my son is taking the Corvette powered 62 Lark hardtop (blacklightning) but cancer does not WAIT on anyone - so today I have purposely made the decision to sell since my wife has no interest of disposing of the "toys of my lifetime" & would not have the expertise to do so, has a new car of her own. Therefore if I do not have interest from members here I WILL list on E-BADD!
    I think the posts that were here before on the forum previous to my purchase were 1st posted by bams50 (post #17081?) not sure how to do this "lookup" but pictures & comments are there http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...Cruiser+Ferner along with the price I paid for the vehicle!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by gaboy; 04-06-2015, 12:24 PM.

Very Nice '64 Cruiser, I am sorry to hear of your Medical problems.

Mr. L. Moore; Post # 17081? Where do you find that number?
    "bams50" only has 12,478 Posts before he switched to Bob Andrews and all the Post Counts roll to the latest Post count.

His bams50 Post History only goes back to 06/01/2010, you must have copied that info at the time it was Posted back in 03/05/08, and it's gone now.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 04-05-2015, 05:06 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I believe this is the post by bams50 (aka Bob Andrews) that gaboy is referring to: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...Cruiser+Ferner
      Paul
      Winston-Salem, NC
      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
      Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Mr. Moore, I am sorry to hear of your health issues. I always enjoyed your earlier posts about those years that are my favorite in Studebakerdom--'63 and '64 models. Not too many folks on this forum post, who actually worked for Studebaker. I'm a sucker for Laguna Blue on a '64 as I always lusted after a very-similar looking car as yours that was owned by a middle-school teacher and which looked new in 1971-72 in rusty, crusty NW Pennsylvania. Inside, it had Powershift and bucket seats covered in clear vinyl.

I'd love your car but college for two this coming year precludes it.

Best to you and good luck in the sale.
        Bill Pressler
        Kent, OH
        (formerly Greenville, PA)
        Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
        Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
        1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
        1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
        All are in Australia now

Comment

Remember

YEP! remember when "all the rage on orders" were to install bucket seats in 4 drs & dealers were sold out of them almost as quick as they were delivered!

Comment

Originally posted by gaboy View Post
            Regrettably I am posting this - FOR SALE - notice that I will be selling the best Cruiser that I've had since the last one I took as a "field car" when employed by Studebaker Corp. Looked long (& hard) nationwide before finding this car, bought & sold others, one was a Daytona w/25,000 original mi. I sold to Truett Cathy, ChickFilA founder for $12,000 -NOW STILL IN HIS MUSEUM. (4 DOOR! no POWER STEERING) in order to find one with a N.O.S. interior installed (by Joe Patterson of White Post Fame) correct carpets, new headliner,windlace even the window "whiskers" were replaced professionally & still smells new! Fully loaded with P.S. P.B. A/C (factory) automatic, drum brakes, 51,515 miles (certified to me & believed to be correct) Laguna blue that is described as a STUNNING car that you have to see in person & want the VERY BEST in order to appreciate the quality & workmanship of the automobile! Bear in mind that I was a regional manager (GAVE AWAY A CRUISER ON PRICE IS RIGHT) & we were responsible for the show cars that were presented to dealers in order to get orders in advance of being available & I KNOW how a quality car looks, this is one- so be willing to pay for the best.
            Jim Ferner drove the car on a 900 mi trip the summer before I bought it from him with no troubles, averaged 17 MPG w/AC on 20 MPG at 55-A/C off!

The dash pad has the "normal" crack, it marks it's territory when parked (slight) like all Studes, the tires are new (less than 2,000 mi) exhaust new, radio antenna never reinstalled after painting, the underhood needs a good detailing, otherwise the car has been described as #2 and only a few points away from a 400 pt. car with a few minor touches. Was judged @ York in 08 but I do not have the results. (SINCE IT WAS NOT MY CAR @ the time.) Been kept in a climate controlled garage since my acquiring it, never been in the elements since & looks better now than in the pictures!

I have personal reasons (health) that I will NOT expound upon here & my son is taking the Corvette powered 62 Lark hardtop (blacklightning) but cancer does not WAIT on anyone - so today I have purposely made the decision to sell since my wife has no interest of disposing of the "toys of my lifetime" & would not have the expertise to do so, has a new car of her own. Therefore if I do not have interest from members here I WILL list on E-BADD!
            I think the posts that were here before on the forum previous to my purchase were 1st posted by bams50 (post #17081?) not sure how to do this "lookup" but pictures & comments are there http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...Cruiser+Ferner along with the price I paid for the vehicle!

Comment

Working...
            X