Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to get long hydrovac hose for power brake booster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get long hydrovac hose for power brake booster?

Hello together

I am rebuilding the hydrovac power brake booster of my 57 GH.

I already found the two small vacuum hoses from S.I., but what I haven't found yet is the longer hose(see photo).

Would you know, where I could get that one? It looks brittle, so if it is available, I would rather like to replace it.

Thank you very much - any help appreciated.

Regards from Switzerland

Rudy

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04175.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	1746649Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04176.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	1746650
    sigpic

It's not correct but I think Parker PushLok hose would be a good substitute. #6 has .375"ID

Comment

The two short hoses you bought are Hydraulic brake Fluid hoses, the one you need is just a piece of standard Vacuum hose used on all Power brake systems.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Looks brittle? It looks painted! & the paint has come of mostly.
        But it's only a rubber hose that's gonna transport air: I think mostly any right-size rubber hose will do.
        But I might be wrong, am I?

Comment

No it can't be solid rubber, it needs cloth reinforcement two ply, or the Vacuum (suction) could collapse it.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Ok, that's ofcourse true...

Comment

I use a vacuum hose from a specialty hose company, as per their recommendations. Don't confuse this with the soft stuff called "vacuum hose" that many auto parts stores sell--I don't know what it's for but NOT brake booster vac lines!

The correct stuff is neither particularly soft nor flexible. I have used it on many cars and it also holds up well. Unfortunately, I have no further info (brand nor pn) since I just go to their shop and tell them the ID and how much I want. The last I got was about a year ago.

I see no reason, though, that a correct braided stainless could not be used, as well.

All the best.

Comment

Hello together.

Thank you very much for the answers. So I will go with a vaccum hose with reinforcement.

Happy Easter.

Rudy
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X