Avanti Production Confirmed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti Production Confirmed...

April 1st, 2015...Just in from trip to Mexico...Having had quite enough of Old-Man-Winter, I decided to get away for some R & R in a warmer climate...My agent set me up for a trip to Mexico at a price I could not refuse...After checking into my hotel and inspecting my room, I stepped out onto the balcony to check the view...Lo-and-behold the first thing I noticed was a truck load of new 2015 Mustang convertibles passing by below...Not only were they all convertibles, but they were all white...Seemed a little odd to me...About an hour later I decided to call a cab and go to dinner...As I got into the cab I noticed the driver was wearing an Avanti baseball cap...Of course I asked him about his cap...He explained that he worked part time at a local shop that converted new Mustang convertibles into Avantis !...He asked if I'd like for him to run me by the shop...Of course I had to check this out...When we arrived the truck load of new Mustangs had just been unloaded and the driver was pulling away...The cab driver told me he could take me on a tour of the shop if I'd like, so yes, that's what we did next...What I found was probably a truck load of newly converted Avantis in various colors being loaded into shipping cartons for destinations around the world and the truck load that had just arrived would be started on next...Three were on their way to the Mid East, some to China, some to Europe and only one to the USA...They explained they ordered them all in white and then painted them what ever color was ordered...Made sense to me !...But, I also noticed several Avanti II's sitting around and found out that they are stripping them down to the bare frames and rebuilding them bolt-by-bolt...They install new crate GM engines and transmissions and carry a factory GM drive train warranty !...I could go on and on, but by now I imagine you get the idea...Did I mention this is April 1st ???

You sorry piece of you know what.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Nicely played, you spent some time on that.

Comment

It is true, I saw the same thing but then I woke up, so this morning I went out back and sat in my 67 .
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Very well written, with just enough detail and realism to be believable. Great Story, worthy of Turning Wheels.

I did not have time to ponder the possibility of that being true, before I read the Last Line! You had me there, for a second!

Too bad about that last line though!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Yeah, APRIL FOOL!!! Glad I knew the date so I didn't have to spend time reading it. (btw, my granddaughter beat ya to it, first thing this morning)

Comment

Most excited I've been in a while! Good one!
              "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

This ties with my wife to be calling me at our insurance agents office and stating her doctor's visit went well but that she tested positive for pregnancy. I did get even.
                Bill

Comment

You got me.

Comment

I bit, hook, line and sinker. Great one.
                    Rob

Comment

Working...
                    X