1953 Commander Regal Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1953 Commander Regal Parts

I recently acquired a nice 53' Comander project car. This will be a street rod restoration. In that light, I have the 232 V8, 3spd o.d transmission and Dana 44 4.55 rear axle for sale. I place an ad on the Las Vegas, NV Craigslist and attempted to notfy those who might be interested in the southwest area. No response. The engine/trans do not appear to have been removed in the last 30 years. A previous owner did some engine work (valve job???) but never restarted the car. I have no history.
    Will it run? I don't know but It looks like a little tinkering might allow a startup
    The money part of this is not too important, and courteous trading might be involved as I need Stude stuff for the car.

I feel that a Stude person should not pass this up. One large advantage is that IClick image for larger version

Name:	V83.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	1746604 will assist the buyer in removing the engine trans or an attempt to start. In removal, the buyer can have anything related to the assembly as we remove it.
    Please believe me that I am not trying to fund my IRA with this 900lbs. of Studebaker gold, I am simply trying to offset the price of the car by providing parts to the Stude community.
    Thank you, Jerry
    702 275 3017

Sorry to hear you are going to remove an excellent driving package. The 232 V8 has all the power you need and the 3 speed overdrive gives good economy and cruising speed. I have the same drive in my 1952 Land Crusier, and I was surprised at how much power that 232 has. My Land Cruiser got 26 MPG on the highway and could get up and go. I'm not into power and speed, but this has all you need. I'm into quality and economy and the stock Stude is hard to beat for both.

Comment

Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
      Sorry to hear you are going to remove an excellent driving package. The 232 V8 has all the power you need and the 3 speed overdrive gives good economy and cruising speed. I have the same drive in my 1952 Land Crusier, and I was surprised at how much power that 232 has. My Land Cruiser got 26 MPG on the highway and could get up and go. I'm not into power and speed, but this has all you need. I'm into quality and economy and the stock Stude is hard to beat for both.
      Similar feelings here though the 232 has trouble qualifying as a street rod engine. I can say that you are replacing an engine that very few people have ever seen and creates a tremendous amount of interest when the hood is raised. If that isn't a priority, I hope someone will buy it from you and get it running.
      Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
      jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

I have an interest in purchasing the bell housing, clutch assy w/linkage, and the transmission....but shipping to Mass might be a 'killer'....PM me when you have a chance...SN-60

Comment

What's a street rod restoration?

As for the engine, I'd love to see a Cadillac V8 in it. That or an early Hemi...
          Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
          1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

First - Thank you for offering this up. It is your car to do with as you want.

In this area, there were three modified 1953 Starliners at the same time, one with an Oldsmobile V8, one with a Chrysler hemi V8 and mine with a supercharged 1957 Golden Hawk 289 V8.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
              First - Thank you for offering this up. It is your car to do with as you want.

In this area, there were three modified 1953 Starliners at the same time, one with an Oldsmobile V8, one with a Chrysler hemi V8 and mine with a supercharged 1957 Golden Hawk 289 V8.
              Gary-Any pics of your '53? Sounds like a dream car powered by Studebaker.
              Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
              jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

Working...
              X