Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice 1941 Champion in AZ on CL - good deal! (?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice 1941 Champion in AZ on CL - good deal! (?)

Well, I think it's a good deal and wonder what others think.
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Without better pictures it's hard to say. Just right off it don't look like a quality build. I don't believe the ride height is right , for one thing. Is the paint scheme right?

Comment

The exterior sun shield across the top of the windshield doesn't look to be set at the right angle for an original car. Combined with the lower stance, I'd say it's a mild custom. Other than that, it does look nice.

Mark L
      Mark L

Comment

Flasback said exactly what I thought. At minimum, that ride height makes it look tired.

No way I'd be a buyer without an in-person inspection.
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
        Romans 15:13
        Deuteronomy 31:6
        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Why is it that the nicest looking Studes are for sale at the opposite end of the U.S.A. from me? I guess that's one of Murphy's Laws.
          Rog
          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
          Smithtown,NY
          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Not a lot of information provided by the seller. That usually is a red flag for me. That being said, contacting the seller for more information, more photos and maybe an appointment to go by and look at the vehicle would be a good next step. I agree with the above regarding the look of the car. It does not look like it was set up as factory stock. What has been done to the car?
            Ed Sallia
            Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I noticed it sits low, but it also has correct looking tires (sort of), which makes me wonder about the suspension. Normally, lowered cars use obviously non-stock wheels and tires.
              "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Just talked to the seller. Stock body, frame, engine and trans. Interior good useable condition re-done sometime in the past. Runs and drives. New clutch. Sounds like a good deal to me for the price if you're looking for a nice driver. If I were interested, I would make an offer of 7K to see if it could be bought.
                sals54

Comment

I think it's a much better deal than many basket cases I see on Craigslist for 5K and more. For a prewar running car I'd go for it (oh, wait, taxes and other bills are due...).

Comment

Working...
                  X