Obscure Studebaker Trivia Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obscure Studebaker Trivia Help Please

okay, I know I was not dreaming...can some car trivia gurus help me out here?

late last Sunday evening, farting around on ebay motors I came across a high class listing from some high class dealer showcasing a one of five cars produced in 53 or 54. To me the body reminded me of a 55 Chrysler 300 with Italian influences. High quality fiberglass construction, Mercury frame, and Lincoln OHV v-8 power. The constructor had dreams of production but quickly found out that it pretty much cost as much to build them as he could sell them for. The particular one listed had cool side exhaust exits through the body work and had a tan interior that looked much more like it belonged in and early 60's DB Aston Martin coupe than a 53 car. I found it interesting that the builder used '53 STUDEBAKER headlight rings. For the life of me I can't remember the name of the car and I wanted to do some research on it. Tried searching ebay motors and google in general to no avail. Anyone have any recollection about this car? thanks, Junior
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

I think you're talking about a 1954 Edwards America coupe.
    Evan Davis
    Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Originally posted by fargoguy View Post
      I think you're talking about a 1954 Edwards America coupe.
      Bingo! thanks a lot, that's exactly what I was talking about. Never heard of these before last weekend but just couldn't remember the name. I knew this forum would come through. These cars were built before I was born...have you ever seen one? How do you know about them? thanks again, Junior
      Last edited by junior; 03-15-2015, 03:40 PM.
      sigpic
      1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

That's a very nice looking car.

Dean.

Comment

Originally posted by dean pearson View Post
          That's a very nice looking car.

Dean.

Comment

Never heard of it, but it looks very nice to me.

Comment

My uncle Bill gave me his collection of Road & Track magazines when I was a kid. One of them featured the Edwards. Looking at the one in the link appears to have 53 Mercury tail lamps. Am I right on that?
              59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
              60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
              61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
              62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
              62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
              62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
              63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
              63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
              64 Zip Van
              66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
              66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Sure looks a lot like a Borgward Isabella (I know it isn't, so don't scold me.) Yes, the taillights are '52/53 Merc' units.

Comment

It looks about as homely as my Henry J. beauty is in the eyes as the beholder.
                  101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Working...
                  X